Our partner

[trigger warning] Urgent: partner having panic attack

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

[trigger warning] Urgent: partner having panic attack

Postby Calicrystal » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:38 am

My partner is having a panic attack (?) of sorts, but its completely different to what ive experienced before and i dont know how to make it easier. Theyre experiencing numbness and unreality and keep seeing figures where they arent there. Ive tried to make them name things around them and feelings but they keep talking about being empty and scared and i just want them to be okay.

Fyi; were long distance so i cant physically be with them right now

Any advice is extremely useful, thank you
Last edited by Snaga on Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved to SOFF, with shadow link from original forum; no edits
Calicrystal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: [trigger warning] Urgent: partner having panic attack

Postby Snaga » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:21 am

Hey there- I wasn't sure why you'd placed this in BPD; however in moving it to Significant Others, I have retained a shadow link in BPD, so it will still be seen there, and followed here- is your partner BPD?

I've had anxiety numbness before, as well as panic attacks. and what's probably depersonalization/derealization. But seeing figures, that's... not something I recall doing a whole lot of.

Is it this time of year doing it to them, perhaps? How do they normally approach the holiday season? Have they given any indication as to an external trigger?

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post