Our partner

My Brother

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.
Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

My Brother

Postby y3kw0l » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:46 pm

Hello.

Looking for help on how to get through to my brother. he was a married man with 4 kids and after cheating on his wife with prostitutes turned abusive towards his partner. he has refused help or speaking to someone professionally.

I am looking for insight on his pathology *mod edit*

Please help me
Last edited by Snaga on Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NO personally identifying material including voice or likeness, of you or anyone else, thank you
y3kw0l
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: My Brother

Postby Snaga » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:28 pm

Well, it's hard to help someone, if they're completely unwilling- does he have an addiction to illicit sex, now?

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Postby y3kw0l » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:22 am

By his own admission he used it(the prostitutes) as a way of punishing his wife when there was a breakdown in the relationship or issues. His words, "well she did something to upset me, so i did something to upset her"
y3kw0l
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:07 pm

Postby Snaga » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 am

Oh, an excuse.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post