Our partner

Behaviour

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Behaviour

Postby Asta » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Can anyone advise about this behaviour (below)

I hope the way I communicate it makes sense to what is happening. Here Goes:-

"when someone starts conversation in Skype say, you reply in skype, and the person replies to your reply in skype using whatsap, you go back to check conversation in skype to see what you replied to - it had been deleted just leaving your reply."

It feels like some psychological game going on.

I've told the person straight, I'm not interested in cross messaging conversations like this as it leaves things open to mis understandings.

When questioned why deleting what they posted, the reply is "the conversation gets too full"

This has happened previously in Viber and I decided to leave groups in viber and actually not use viber any more.

I really do get disturbed by this kind of behaviour.

Grateful for any insight people may have.

I am unsure if NPD or if some other psychological game playing.
Asta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Behaviour

Postby Asta » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:39 am

I've been isolating for 4 months (sheilding) the safe place I could go was family members garden, I went first time in 4 moths, took my own coffee and wipes just so I could have a chat. During the conversation I was spoken down to (something that happened before lockdown as well and on previous occasions) when I object to the bad behaviour, I get accused of the one in the wrong and so now I have lost the one safe place I could visit. Its like you dare complain and you will be punished, put up and shut up sort of thing. I don't want to put up I need any time with people to be quality time without aggro as it seems this year I will have little contact or outings because of the pandemic and because I am high risk category. I feel a bit upset about things just now. Grateful for any advice or resolve.
Asta
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post