Our partner

Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderator: thegentlepath

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DoDecaDon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:25 pm

I have suspicions for a while now he was purposely moving my things. It was strange things mysteriously disappeared when he is around only to re-appear after he found it. Things like my car keys, phone, wallet. All innocent enough, everyone loses them time to time, that's what he relied on me thinking. But when he is around it 10x worse, everything disappears and re-appears somewhere else. Start questioning your sanity.

I just caught he putting the TV remote in my racksack, he didn't think I could see him from the kitchen door, as soon as I "came back in" from the kitchen, he asked, "Docecadon, have you seen the tv remote?" Obviously I instantly went to the rucksack and pulled it out as I had seen him rummaging inside it.

###$ him, royally for what he has put me through.
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression
DoDecaDon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby SelfSerf » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:36 pm

Oh man, a true poltergeist of a man, huh? The fact that one of you is named Dodecadon just adds to the whole mistery.

Just try to record him doing it or smth and call him on it. Although that´s probably a tall order and he might still deny it.

My dad has a long history of misplacing or sometimes losing all aforementioned items and sadly I have inherited that from him. Seems to go in cycles. Of course it´s quite sinister that he has decided to do it with your items :lol: That´s some annoying sabotage if he just so happens to get a rise out of it.

How old is he? People with personality disorders are at a higher risk of alzheimers and other grey matter related issues.
“Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee?”
Camus
SelfSerf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:04 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:21 pm

Hiding the remote from him in a dark place, next to a mouse trap, could prove entertaining

In my humble and dysfuctional opinion, I would rather see people explode instead of implode (even if, at an extreme, it means becoming predators themselves as opposed to victims).

Maybe then, society would be more motivated in addressing injured=injurious individuals --- as well as the symbiotic relationships and "ecosystems" they create (and were created by).
* injured: including atypical brain development

Now we either:

- Hollywood-ize and romanticize the abuser, or

- Romanticize the victim while villianizing (and/or jailing) the abuser, or

- Sweep both under the rug



▪Why don't you move / stop visiting him?

And are you aware the personality disorder forums are directed towards people with PDs rather than support for those who suffer at the hands of those who have PDs?
Perhaps, you were looking for the abuse forums or family members of mental disorders subforums
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User avatar
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:21 am
Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DoDecaDon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:57 am

:D :mrgreen:

I appreciate these posts, puts it into perspective. Thank you.

It's not just these instances though. Just one of many.

-- Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:00 am --

DaturaInnoxia wrote:Hiding the remote from him in a dark place, next to a mouse trap, could prove entertaining

In my humble and dysfuctional opinion, I would rather see people explode instead of implode (even if, at an extreme, it means becoming predators themselves as opposed to victims).

Maybe then, society would be more motivated in addressing injured=injurious individuals --- as well as the symbiotic relationships and "ecosystems" they create (and were created by).
* injured: including atypical brain development

Now we either:

- Hollywood-ize and romanticize the abuser, or

- Romanticize the victim while villianizing (and/or jailing) the abuser, or

- Sweep both under the rug



▪Why don't you move / stop visiting him?

And are you aware the personality disorder forums are directed towards people with PDs rather than support for those who suffer at the hands of those who have PDs?
Perhaps, you were looking for the abuse forums or family members of mental disorders subforums


I wanted to see if I was over-reacting. I have moved, I have a little flat, unfortunately, my money is still going to him. I am trying to update my finances so it is in my name, not his.
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression
DoDecaDon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DoDecaDon » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:15 am

SelfSerf wrote:Oh man, a true poltergeist of a man, huh? The fact that one of you is named Dodecadon just adds to the whole mistery.

Just try to record him doing it or smth and call him on it. Although that´s probably a tall order and he might still deny it.

My dad has a long history of misplacing or sometimes losing all aforementioned items and sadly I have inherited that from him. Seems to go in cycles. Of course it´s quite sinister that he has decided to do it with your items :lol: That´s some annoying sabotage if he just so happens to get a rise out of it.

How old is he? People with personality disorders are at a higher risk of alzheimers and other grey matter related issues.


About the age, yes I see the logic I.E the natural problems that come with age is not always due to a personality disorder. I guess I have kept these worries at the back of my head for a while, and just wanted to rule out the possibility. Thank you for your replies, Sometimes people can agree just for the sake of agreeing. They think that's what you want, for them to agree and "calm" your feelings. sometimes they have a chip on their shoulder as well. I did not want people agreeing trying to make me feel better.
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression
DoDecaDon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DaturaInnoxia » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:17 pm

What a strange place to seek validation.

I wonder what it's like for members here to have to constantly deal with the onslot of friends/family/lovers coming here to vent and seek support/validation.

I don't understand how it could be beneficial.
I also wonder if it's always been that way.

If they started posting in a support forum for the friends/family/lovers, all hell would break lose. 
Seems like a double standard.
Bitches Be Tripping. They're me - I'm Bitches.  ~ unknown
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
User avatar
DaturaInnoxia
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1425
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:21 am
Local time: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby DoDecaDon » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:56 pm

DaturaInnoxia wrote:What a strange place to seek validation.

I wonder what it's like for members here to have to constantly deal with the on slaught of friends/family/lovers coming here to vent and seek support/validation.

I don't understand how it could be beneficial.
I also wonder if it's always been that way.

If they started posting in a support forum for the friends/family/lovers, all hell would break loose. 
Seems like a double standard.


You're right, I shouldn't have posted here.

I am sorry for the pain this might have caused anyone.

Yes, the mods should have a stricter ruling here, it is not ok.

There really should be mods making sure people these posts do not get through.
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression
DoDecaDon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Just caught my Dad moving the TV remote into my Rucksack

Postby Manners73 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Apology accepted.
England's Glory
User avatar
Manners73
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 2515
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:46 pm
Local time: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests