Our partner

Mother of Schizoaffective Bipolar disorder son

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Mother of Schizoaffective Bipolar disorder son

Postby Laurany152 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:23 am

Hello.

I am new here as well as to the diagnosis of my 16 year old son who has Schizoaffective Bipolar Disorder. I had no idea such a thing existed. my husband and I as well as his two older sisters are worried, in shock, upset, and just plain trying to find answers. My wonderful son, my baby boy, was diagnosed about three months ago and just got out of a hospitalization 3 weeks ago and now I had to take him back again tonight because he said he wanted to harm himself. But he made me leave the room when they evaluated him and asked him how he wanted to hurt himself. It scares us all badly to know he has the terrible thoughts in his head. I had to pick him up from school today because of it. The worry is exhausting me. My health isn't good and I am just so completely worried about him. How so tonight my baby boy (16 years old) is in a mental facility to keep him safe. it makes me feel like I am incompetent as a mother. I love him so. It used to be so easy to keep him safe and warm. But now I just don't know how to do it. How do family members deal with this horrible disease? It scares us to see him so sick that he says he has thoughts of hurting his sister or other people or even himself. We love him dearly. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Right now he is on Abilify 10mg and a sleeping pill. but that is all. It seems so unfair to him. he has had severe asthma his entire life. food allergies, scoliosis that required surgery just last year to correct a 45 degree twisted angle on his back. And now this. How much more can he go through?
Laurany152
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:06 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post