Our partner

Wanting advice, very upset

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Wanting advice, very upset

Postby Sunflower60 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello, Just wanting some advice and wondering if anyone else has a situation like this.

I am really upset my mum has given my abusive ex her number and told him to call her whenever she wants. I was trying to get away from him for so long and he would stalk me. I was getting harrasing text messeges from him so I blocked his number and he then set his number to private and continued calling constantly all day and all through out the night. I then changed my number and soon after he must of realised what I had done, was waiting for me in a dark car park at night, where I had parked my car when I was working, asking me if he could just have a hug, blocking me from my car, so I had to hug him to get in my car, it was so scary. My mum knew all of this and knew how much he hurt me yet she gave him her number after I finally got away from the guy.

I want to have a relationship with my mum but this it alway in the back of my mind. I feel like it is so hurtful and really weird. I'm having trouble not letting it effect me. She was saying today how if he calls she would ask him how he is, how is his family and how is his health. What the hell! I have told her how I feel about it and how I don't want him to have her number. I was very scared and hurt by him.
Sunflower60
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:47 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Wanting advice, very upset

Postby pamelaperejil » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm

Wow. Sorry to hear it. That must be very hard for you. Your mom seems to have made her choice and I don't have any advice. I can only offer a warm hug.

Good luck.
previously known as: pleasnpetrichor, perejil

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"
pamelaperejil
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:47 pm

Re: Wanting advice, very upset

Postby Psycho Delica » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:48 am

I am sorry to say it, but for your own safety and well being I feel you need to cut your mother off. By what she has done she is only thinking about herself and her very obvious need for attention. But seriously, how dare her. She's taking the p!ss out of your situation by doing that and being an attention seeker. The behavior is not normal and it's toxic. Has she always been a bit competitive with you through your growing up? She sounds like a bit of a "Mommy Dearest: imo. She's made her choice, and you don't have to accept it. Especially in a situation like this where the guy is clearly unstable and obsessive. Your mother should be ashamed of herself. Silly woman. Keep yourself away from her if she's going to treat you like this.
Psycho Delica
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:47 pm

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post