Our partner

Bipolar

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Bipolar

Postby FLYKevs » Thu May 17, 2018 3:02 am

My girlfriend is bipolar. We’ve been dating for 2.5 years and see is having a major episode. She has ended our relationship and immediately went on Tinder, met a guy on Friday, went to his dads bday party on sat with her kids and spent mothers day with him and all their kids. I know this is not her and she agrees. She is texting me all the time that she is sorry and claims it means nothing. I need help understandig this please.
FLYKevs
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Bipolar

Postby FLYKevs » Fri May 18, 2018 2:59 pm

I understand this isn't her. Any advice? I want to be patient for the real girlfriend to come back, but if she is with other people it makes it very difficult. Would welcome any comments.
FLYKevs
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 pm

It's very hard to understand. I have Bipolar I and I had a time when my feelings got the best of me, this was when I was manic and psychotic. I didn't get together with anyone but I think that I could have possibly have done it. When you become stable or your manic episode passes and you either become stable or you enter into a depression, you come to your senses. Is this normal. Not really, only for some people it can turn into this type of situation. It does happen and it did happen to me. I love my husband and I look back at our past and I hurt inside knowing I felt that way. Nothing could change my mind. From my perspective, as someone who has Bipolar, I appreciate my husband very much, for being so kind and patient with me. That about sums it up.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I and ADD
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 6 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day
Elavil (Amitriptylin) 20mg for insomnia
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 10mg

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Blog: View Blog (80)

Postby FLYKevs » Fri May 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Thank you for responding. It's extremely helpful. It's so difficult to deal with and understand, but I am a very strong and truly love her. I've been doing a lot of reading about bipolar, so it's helped me remain as calm as possible. But, its really made me anxious and jealous. I understand how Tinder could be a way to escape and that's what she needs while she is going through this low. I just know this is going to make her feel more guilty and bring her down even more. She is trying to see a professional, but she can't see someone for over two weeks. Ugh. Her birthday is also next week.
FLYKevs
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post