Our partner

Letting go of angry hurt feelings

Forum for significant others, family and friends of people with mental illness to discuss relevant issues they face.

Moderators: mark1958, xdude

Forum rules
This is a support forum for the family, partners and friends of those with mental health issues. This forum is intended to be a safe place to discuss information, give and receive support and learn about all the issues related to being involved with a person with a disorder. Whilst it can be healthy to express various emotions, please remember to be respectful about the disorder itself. This is a place for constructive discussions, not a venting forum.

The issues experienced by the significant others of those with disorders cannot always be discussed in the other parts of the site in a way that does not trigger those with disorders. Moderators may therefore move threads from other forums into this one at their discretion.

Letting go of angry hurt feelings

Postby user23621 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:38 pm

I am gonna try to let go of these feelings roward myself and husband. It might be easier with him than myself. When my baby was first born and about 2 months old I had rhose gushy feelings. Then she had colic and my Husband started making me feel as if I wasnt a good mom from then till now. I couldn't help she cried loud and often I couldnt always sooth her. Then after I had started my period my hormonal changes came back and has wrecked havoc on me again. Which makes anxious and frustrated with people who are mean or get demanding with me. I started taking it out on my baby because my husband made me feel as if she was the cause of us having more issues. I hate that I felt that way. I am trying to gain that full feeling back. I have love in me for both of them. Yes more and more I need more for her rhan him. He wants me to please him yet please her at the same time. I cant always please him cause he ridicules my parenting and he is contradicting of his and mine. One minute my baby is taking advantage of me next minute I am not a good mom. It is very confusing and I cant parent thus way. He thinks I dont need a break from her till she is 2 years old. He thinks shes gonna hate me cause I may fuss or try to correct the situation. While he does nothing but, ridicule me. I feel ge doesnt have a say so cause he doesnt help or try to fix it himself or be nice to me about it. I don't mind advice or kind word on the situation but, he talks with such authority to me. It just hurts and it scares me. I want to be what I wanted loveing mommy and wife. Not one or the other or neither. :cry:
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Letting go of angry hurt feelings

Postby quietgirl2538 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:16 am

I sent you a PM, were you able to get to read it?
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

(Away from mod duties at this time; please contact another moderator)

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (84)

Postby user23621 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Yes I got it.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby xdude » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Hey user23621,

Having raised two of my own, this is very stressful time you are going through between lack of sleep, stress that the relationship suddenly switches from courting to a heavy responsibility, who do you focus on (the child or each other?), emotions can run wild, and so much more.

Yea, I know this is going to come across as pithy and useless, but do you have family that can help you a bit. Take care of the child now and then, give you a break?

p.s. By the way it does get better, because the children become more independent, and you will have more time for what you need too, but until then it's normal enough to feel overwhelmed.
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
xdude

Postby quietgirl2538 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Oh, I'd been a little busy and I forgot to check on this. I'm glad you were able to read my PM. :D Hugs!
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

(Away from mod duties at this time; please contact another moderator)

Forum Rules

PsychForum rules and Active Staff
quietgirl2538

Blog: View Blog (84)

Postby user23621 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 am

My mother is the only one that could and would be able to drive here. She has her own things to deal with so she can't alot and well my husband doesnt see it as she is really helping she is just family. His mom is back home which is 45 to 1 hour away but, she doesnt like to drive far and we go down there my baby just getting used to her and my mom. We see everyone my husband drops me off at my moms after we visit his moms then picks me back up and go back to his moms. I dont drive yet planning on getting that license soon. Not gonna be going to my moms untill my step dad isnt around anymore. I dont want him around my family anymore long story he is an addict. Thats my predicament.
user23621
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Significant Others, Family & Friends Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post