Our partner

12 years with Factitious disorder before coming clean

Factitious Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

12 years with Factitious disorder before coming clean

Postby maccrocross » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:19 pm

I'm not really sure what to write today being my first day here. My factitious disorder did not start until I was 21. I had a real illness and ended up in the hospital. It was wonderful. I got so much attention. Nurses all the time, doctors in and out trying to figure out what was going on. But I was only there for 3 days. That 3 days and I hooked. My mom was extremely neglectful as I was growing up. especially at times when I really needed a mother. My parents were divorced and when we finally moved in with my dad it was so much better.
Wow, I just realized I started much younger. In the 6th grade. I would fake horrible coughs or make myself throw up so I could stay home from school. I hated school. Sometimes i'd fake sick so well i'd stay home for 3 weeks or better.
Wow, I think I need some time to let that sink in. I NEVER put that together with factitious disorder until just now. Before I go any further, does that sound like the beginnings of my problem?
maccrocross
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: 12 years with Factitious disorder before coming clean

Postby Terry E. » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:26 am

The earliest I heard about my mother was when she was about 12 she would pick at her nose until it bleed so she could go home.

Not sure if that is when it started but she was as bad as you can get.

One thing with her was she has no empathy. None. A very dangerous person to be around.

Do you feel guilty for the emotional angst and worry you caused your parents..
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby maccrocross » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:36 pm

I do know. I feel guilty about how it affected my dad when I was younger and then my dad and my fiancé as I am an adult now. I feel no guilt about how it could have affected my mother. Not because I am uncaring but because she is. She never cared. In 12 years, she did not visit once. And that was what I needed the most. I do truly believe my mother is almost completely the root of all my problems
maccrocross
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:48 pm

Postby Terry E. » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:33 am

Interesting. In the MBP cases I have looked over there is often a clear need for attention from someone. Later it can evolve into simply needing attention.

I am no professional, and no expert on Munchausen, but I think you may have found your issue. Knowing it and fixing are different things, but it helps.
Terry E.

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jacckk24 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:50 am

hiii
welcome to this forum site , here you can find many things related to health and fitness actually i don't know about Factitious disorder but i suggest you to go to the doctor first and than take any decision about it . thanks
jacckk24
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:48 pm

Return to Factitious Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post