Our partner

Subconscious muscle twitching to music? WHY?

Factitious Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Subconscious muscle twitching to music? WHY?

Postby zeroexile » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:38 pm

I don't think there's even a place for this post if there is I couldn't find it. I'm going to be pretty straight forward.

When I listen to music I like, my muscles in my thigh and chest contract to the music and if I intentionaly stop myself, I get a sense of irritation. If I do it intentionally it doesn't do anything. I never heard of this and it's been like that mostly my whole life. Sometimes people see me twitching minorly and I have to catch myself since I'm so used to it.

I listen to music everyday btw, maybe this is normal and I'm just fabricating reasons to post this who knows. No I'm not making this up even if it sounds perposterous.
zeroexile
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Subconscious muscle twitching to music? WHY?

Postby Falcorian » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:16 am

Everyone is different and we don't know everything about the brain. It's possible that some neurons in your brain fire a certain way that cause an involuntary muscle reaction . It's also possible that you just enjoy the music and your body reacts. If you feel concerned about it, you can have a neurologist run tests to determine if there's a neurological issue. If it's not really that big of a deal to you, then just accept that you've got to groove and leave it at that.
Falcorian
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:18 pm

Re: Subconscious muscle twitching to music? WHY?

Postby beerids » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:38 pm

Mine does as well and I was quite worried at first but my best guess is it's just normal and the music you listen to is what you really enjoy
beerids
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:48 pm

Return to Factitious Disorder Forum