Our partner

ED due to muscle damage from surgery

An open discussion on Erectile Dysfunction.

ED due to muscle damage from surgery

Postby debbiejj » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 am

My boyfriend of 2 months had surgery for bladder cancer 5 years ago. As a result, of this, he has muscle damage and cannot get an erection. Has anyone experienced this and is there a cure? Would a penial implant be an option?

He is 49. I don't want to bombard him with questions about this sensitive subject, just yet, but I would think he has discussed this with his Dr and since nothing has been done to improve this problem, Im wondering if there is no remedy or solution????

I could sure use some advice on this subject.
Thanks, Debbiejj
debbiejj
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:39 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: ED due to muscle damage from surgery

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:09 am

Hello and welcome to the forums!

If he absolutely physically can't have an erection (and drugs can't help), it's my understanding there are at least a couple different penile implants that I've heard of; however my information is old. But I know at one time at least, there were... inflatables... as well as semi-rigid implants, however I'm not sure how well they can duplicate the um, fullness, I suppose you could say, of an erection. Perhaps someone here knows a little more about it- most of the posts I see here revolve around non-surgical things people try.

Despite my avatar, I'm bio male, by the way. From the standpoint of having a Y-chromosome, I can say that it's... I don't know. It cuts to a guy's psyche, I think. And the pressure to have one, just makes it a thousand times worse.

Has he said anything about it to you? I suppose I should also wonder at what point you found out? And how important is it to you, and to him?

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 am

Postby debbiejj » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Thanks for replying. He told me about this, before we became intimate. He was very matter fact about it and it doesn’t seem to bother him. He has pleasured me in other ways but I feel like he’s trying to over compensate.

He can get a partial erection and ejaculate, but that only happened 1 time. He doesn’t have a huge interest in sex or going to bed to play around except to pleasure me.

He hasn’t talked about possible solutions and I don’t want to hurt his feelings by bringing it up. So I don’t know if he’s tried any or not.

This issue isn’t a deal breaker for me at all, but I would like to know if he’s tried to do anything about it or if anyone else know that there are or aren’t solutions available? He acts like he doesn’t care about it. Is it ok to ask if he’s tried or is interested in solutions?
debbiejj
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 pm

Oh me, I don't know. I suppose you could open up by saying that you're fine with things the way they are, but wondered if he felt as if he needed to seek options, for his sake.

If you think he'll accept that as being sincere, and not you being dissatisfied. Cause otherwise that'll just be like, rubbing salt in the wound.

Along with the mental aspect of the thing not working the way it used to, I know any talk of sharp instruments getting near it kinda tends to make me cringe, and that's coming from someone who kinda wishes they'd been born a girl- so if I cringe at the thought- I can only imagine most guys wince at the idea. To some extent, our brains do revolve around that appendage, at least for a large part of our life.

I suppose you could also ask if he's tried pills or injections- if you search this forum, you'll find mention of some kind of drug that's injected directly into the penis prior to intercourse.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Postby debbiejj » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It's gotta be a crush for a man's ego, especially in the prime of his life, this happened at 45. So sad, but Im not going anywhere.
Thanks again
debbiejj
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Snaga » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:09 pm

debbiejj wrote:Thanks for the feedback. It's gotta be a crush for a man's ego, especially in the prime of his life, this happened at 45. So sad, but Im not going anywhere.
Thanks again

Well, you're a keeper, if he's smart :)

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Snaga
Site Admin

Return to Erectile Dysfunction