Our partner

Great Grandmother

Open Discussions About Abuse of the Elderly.

Great Grandmother

Postby Lyric » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 am

This is kind of an old issue, since my great-grandmother has been dead for a number of years, but I still feel resentment towards my grandmother. My Grandmother was taking care of my great-grandmother for about three years. She was also living with her boyfriend, Ed. Ed @!@@@! water at the 93 year old great grandmother, and generally made her life hell. Once my grandmother wanted to move out of Vegas and back up to Big Bear, she stuck my then 96 year old Healthy Great-Grandmother in an old folks home, where she ended up strapped to a bed and dead just a few weeks later. I feel a lot of resentment towards my grandmother for what happened, and for a number of other things that she has done... How clear cut of an Elderly abuse case is this?
Lyric
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jasmin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:13 pm

Hey, Lyric. I hope you are ok. I'm sorry for what happened to your greatgrandmother. It's normal to feel resentment. It does sound like she wasn't treated well. Your grandma should never have let her boyfriend flick water at her and she should have taken care of her.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 7:41 pm

Postby bereft » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Lyric,

Most states have law that deal with elder abuse and what defines it. Your grandmother's actions were horrible, she should have protected her own mother and tried to make better arrangements for her care.

I am a believer in karma and what goes around comes around. At some point your grandmother will be held accountable for her actions. You may never know when this happens, but I am confident that it will.

You may want to find a way to honor your great-grandmother and let her know how special she was to you. That may help you to move on past the grief that you feel over her treatment.

Best,

N.
Things Fall Apart
bereft
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat May 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Return to Elder Abuse