Our partner

Room Baracading

Dysthymia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Room Baracading

Postby Juniper0 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:07 am

I have this weird notion of entertaining myself. It's like all I really want to do is to lock myself in my room, black out my curtains, turn the fan and ac on full blast and just lay in bed while messing around with an object. Like say a ball or pillow or pencil or whatever. Sometimes I'd listen to music and whatnot but not often. Can anyone relate? I don't even sleep that much. I just don't feel inclined to do anything. Though sometimes I can have huge amounts of fun if I'm distracted from myself, school, or whatever it is that's bugging me. Other times I lay down and just sleep or do the above. Is it boredom mayhaps?
Juniper0
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 am
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Room Baracading

Postby Smiggles » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:15 am

Unfortunate that nobody has responded to this yet, but I'd recognise this as boredom. I have Dysthymia and often find myself bored, then I become irritated and feel the need to shut everything out so I can focus on one thing. interesting to see someone else experience something similar. :D thanks for sharing, OP.
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:48 pm
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Room Baracading

Postby Juniper0 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:47 am

Thanks for the reply, Corgis.

And yeah, this does seem like boredom in a way. It doesn't effect me as much anymore, but the sense of irritation and tiredness does.

Give my current scenario, I wouldn't blame myself too much though. I kinda wish I had a console or something to kill time. I have no hobbies, and I'd like to go out and jog for hours but my anxiety prevents me from setting foot outside most of the time. As do my parents.

Overall, this isn't such an issue for me anymore. The ''dysthymic'' feelings are tied with my anxiety as I've realized.

My main issue is anxiety, not depression.

It's the hopelessness the anxiety generates, that in turn becomes irritation and annoyance.

Weird combination, but that's just me at this point in time I guess.
Juniper0
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 am
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Room Baracading

Postby Smiggles » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:25 am

0_Unknown_0 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Smiggles.

And yeah, this does seem like boredom in a way. It doesn't effect me as much anymore, but the sense of irritation and tiredness does.

Give my current scenario, I wouldn't blame myself too much though. I kinda wish I had a console or something to kill time. I have no hobbies, and I'd like to go out and jog for hours but my anxiety prevents me from setting foot outside most of the time. As do my parents.

Overall, this isn't such an issue for me anymore. The ''dysthymic'' feelings are tied with my anxiety as I've realized.

My main issue is anxiety, not depression.

It's the hopelessness the anxiety generates, that in turn becomes irritation and annoyance.

Weird combination, but that's just me at this point in time I guess.


Hey there, 0_Unknown_0! I've been looking forward to hearing from you. :D

Glad to hear it's not such a burden right now, but don't forget to be patient with yourself in the meantime.

Perhaps you could invest in hobbies? might be something to consider, but of course that's entirely your choice. I can't make decisions for you. :lol:

Were you diagnosed with Dysthymia, may I ask? you don't have to release that information, I'm just a little curious. I hope your anxiety improves, are you getting any help for it at all?
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:48 pm
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Room Baracading

Postby Juniper0 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:12 am

Smiggles wrote:
0_Unknown_0 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Smiggles.

And yeah, this does seem like boredom in a way. It doesn't effect me as much anymore, but the sense of irritation and tiredness does.

Give my current scenario, I wouldn't blame myself too much though. I kinda wish I had a console or something to kill time. I have no hobbies, and I'd like to go out and jog for hours but my anxiety prevents me from setting foot outside most of the time. As do my parents.

Overall, this isn't such an issue for me anymore. The ''dysthymic'' feelings are tied with my anxiety as I've realized.

My main issue is anxiety, not depression.

It's the hopelessness the anxiety generates, that in turn becomes irritation and annoyance.

Weird combination, but that's just me at this point in time I guess.


Hey there, 0_Unknown_0! I've been looking forward to hearing from you. :D

Glad to hear it's not such a burden right now, but don't forget to be patient with yourself in the meantime.

Perhaps you could invest in hobbies? might be something to consider, but of course that's entirely your choice. I can't make decisions for you. :lol:

Were you diagnosed with Dysthymia, may I ask? you don't have to release that information, I'm just a little curious. I hope your anxiety improves, are you getting any help for it at all?


Nice to see you around :)

Hobby-wise, nothing comes to mind quite yet. But I see no reason to rush into anything. By my definition, a hobby is something you do for fun. And for now, internet games and music fill the ''void'' so to speak well enough. I'd like to try dancing and running in the future, but that all depends on circumstances beyond my control(parents -_-). But yeah, nothing too horrible here.

And no, I was never diagnosed with anything mental-based. I kinda typed this up here since it seemed too ''light'' to be placed in the Clinical Depression area. I don't think I have it either. Looking more closely, it's my anxiety that causes me to feel so empty and whatnot, and I have a constant field of anxiety following me everywhere. In all honesty, I'm not depressive at all. I'm pretty balanced out, minus the anxiety. And the anxiety will cause me to give up sometimes. And just ''embrace'' my ''doom'' or however you put it. As for help, no one but this forum knows. But that's fine with me, as long as someone exists to talk to, I can keep pushing forward.

I just hope my situation improves. Came back from a family-friend christmas party and fighting ensued -_-. But it's nothing I can't push to handle.

Certainly don't feel 100% comfy for obvious reasons.

I'm OK for now, long story short.

And, I'd like to friend you if you don't mind. You could do the same if you want :)

I'll see you around.

Talk to me if you feel like it. It's the least I can do since you've replied multiple times already.
Juniper0
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 am
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Room Baracading

Postby Smiggles » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:03 pm

0_Unknown_0 wrote:as long as someone exists to talk to, I can keep pushing forward.

I can relate; glad to hear that.

0_Unknown_0 wrote:And, I'd like to friend you if you don't mind. You could do the same if you want :)

That's fine by me, I encourage that people add me! :D

0_Unknown_0 wrote:Talk to me if you feel like it. It's the least I can do since you've replied multiple times already.

Thank you, I appreciate it. same goes for you, always!
*Won't be very active over the next 3 weeks*

There's no such thing as true good or true evil, its all relative to the observer.

My previous username is Corgis.
Smiggles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:48 pm
Local time: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Dysthymia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests