Our partner

is there a such thing

Dyslexia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

is there a such thing

Postby djkooldown » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 pm

My 12yo sister-in-law mixes up words that are spoken. We plainly speak to her and she confuses the words for others. Is there a such thing as "Audible Dyslexia"? Just curious. Please let me know as soon as you can we are trying to figure this out.
Thanks,
djkooldown

P.S.- She did have dyslexia when she was younger, but she overcame it a few years back
djkooldown
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: is there a such thing

Postby Chucky » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi,

I don't think that there's such a thing as audible dyslexia, but what could be happening is that she has some other language disability (or maybe she's just hard of hearing for some reason?). I really do'nt want to speculate too much, as I'm sure you can understand. You have to bring her to the doctor - that's the best route to take, i'm afraid.

Kevin
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:15 pm

Re: is there a such thing

Postby LaDonna » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi, yes there is such a thing as a audible dyslexia. It falls under the full umbrella of the disorder. I would suggest that you find a reputable testing facility and have her tested. Most schools will tell you that they test for this but in truth the only testing they do is to see if the child qualifies for special education. This is NOT the same testing.
LaDonna
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:15 pm

Return to Dyslexia Forum