Our partner

What works for you? Helps to ease dyslexia symptoms?

Dyslexia message board, open discussion, and online support group.

What works for you? Helps to ease dyslexia symptoms?

Postby AmyDyslexia » Wed May 21, 2014 11:28 am

Hi, I am new to this forum, but haven't found the topic that would be I think most interesting to all members. Can you share with other people with dyslexia what works best to ease the dyslexia problems? I.e what helped you with your school problems or anxiety or any other area related to dyslexia? I think others may benefit from your experience.

I can tell you what helped me. :D
The main thing I experienced was a constant feeling that I was stupid, as I struggled with the basic tasks but the complicated ones came easily to me. I felt I had to hide my condition as I had no support in school. My attention span was very short and I became very tired very quickly when studying.
When I was at the Open University, dyslexia assessor recommended I try John Levine’s Alphamusic album Silence of Peace whilst studying. I also was given colored glasses, computer software – read and write gold and dragon software. The glasses helped me to read better as it stopped words getting mixed up. Computer software helped with spelling. Alphamusic worked in conjunction with these to help concentration and tiredness and helped lower my anxiety level. I found I could study for more than an hour at a time without any exhaustion. This increased my productivity immensely.
AmyDyslexia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Dyslexia Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post