Our partner

BF says He has not been doing drugs

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

BF says He has not been doing drugs

Postby Psychxx » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:25 am

He has had a cocaine problem for 10y. Usually can stay a month clean no longer. Has been for the past month it seems. Two days ago got his hands on some Money. Got distant phone ocasionally off. Note usual unless he goes to "those" places. Spent the following day in bed All day. More annoyed than usual by small things. Day after swollen reddish baggy eyes still slightly off but less agitated. Is this normal when quitting after some time or maybe He has done drugs again? I know its diferent for everyone but if anyone can shine a little light i would appretiate it. He always lies when He does it so i dont always know what to believe. Thank you.
Psychxx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: BF says He has not been doing drugs

Postby NewSunRising » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:56 am

Welcome !

It seems as if your gut is telling you he's using again . Is this something you're prepared to live with as the relationship continues ?
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Postby Psychxx » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:04 am

hi. thanks for the reply. he's about to undergo a treatment in a clinic for about 7mo. but his doctor says relapses are still to be expected and only about 1% of cases actually kick the habit. i'm unsure of whether there's hope or not.
Psychxx
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby NewSunRising » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Hugs , if you want some . There is always hope !

Yes , relapse happens . So does getting back up and fighting again . Relapse isn't failure . It's a set back . Completely giving up the fight is failure . Deciding " I can't do it, so there's no use in even trying ." is failure . But even those feelings of total hopelessness can be overcome . Human beings have an incredible survival instinct .

If possible , please find yourself a Nar-Anon group ( Narcotics Anonymous ) . They also offer support for family and friends of people who are going through drug addiction and recovery .

You can also look into your BF's treatment center and see if they offer resources to help you understand what he's going through and how you can help .

It is a brave and scary thing he's embarking on . I wish him ( and you ) the very best . You are always welcome here to ask questions or just vent if you need to . None of us are professionals but we can tell you our experiences and perhaps you will find something useful from that .
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post