Our partner

Love Makes Me Enable Him

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Love Makes Me Enable Him

Postby Brelaxedhunny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Internally, emotionally I've been dealing with my boyfriend's drug addiction to pain killers. He's losing me and I don't know how to tell him that.
He will be sick on the bed for hours. He'll say he's ready to quit and come down but he can't because he will be sick for weeks and has to work. I know he's right and I end up getting him the drugs because I hate to see him like that. I also hate myself for doing it because I love him and shouldn't enable his addiction. He had been sober for a few years and then stumbled upon a dealer. I met him sober, I miss him sober. He's become meaner to me and my son but he refuses to hear me when I tell him that. He will admit he messed up and he's addicted but he won't look at solutions out of it. Love can be a real bitch when the sickness part of the deal happens.
Thank you for reading a part of the journey through my bipolar mind.
Brelaxedhunny
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (8)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Love Makes Me Enable Him

Postby Wally58 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm

If he won't consider looking at his problem, then maybe you can do something to help you. The support of Al-anon or Nar-anon family groups can help you and your son understand what the addict is up against.
Sometimes it is re-assuring and strengthening to hear from someone else who is going through the same thing and what they do about it. One day at a time.
You didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it.
Addiction is chronic and progressive. Maybe things will change, maybe not.
You have a present obligation to keep yourself and your son healthy, safe and sane.
Best of luck to all of you. :D
Wally58
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:35 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post