Our partner

Rehab 1st time Tuesday - Any advice

Drug Addiction message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Rehab 1st time Tuesday - Any advice

Postby Troubled79 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello All

I have a serious problem with cocaine, it´s off the scale and really grabbed me now. I´m in therapy but she said I needed rehab. I´ll be going in Tuesday all being well and am a little nervous what to expect as I´m not great in groups of people.
Has this really helped anyone? I might be in there for a month and haven´t told my family or anyone. They are quite old now and don´t understand anything about addiction I don´t want to worry them.

I´m actually not very confident it will help me having tried everything under the sun before, it does feel a bit like the last chance saloon

I could really do with a few words of encougement guys!!!

Thanks
Troubled79
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Rehab 1st time Tuesday - Any advice

Postby NewSunRising » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:42 am

Welcome Troubled79 ,

You are taking a great , positive step by doing this . Go in with an open mind and if you are feeling uncomfortable with anything , tell someone . Rehab is all about gaining the tools and knowledge you need to battle compulsive and destructive behavior .

You've made the decision that you no longer want to live this way . That is a huge step forward .
Take a deep breath and make the most of this opportunity . You can do this !
NewSunRising
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Postby Wally58 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:55 pm

Rehab was the only way that I could stop using and I have no doubt that it saved my life. Getting clean and sober was one of those things that I could not do by myself, no matter how badly I wanted to. I considered it a 'personal problem'. Remember that asking for help is a sign of strength, not of weakness.
Hang around with the patients that REALLY want to stay clean. Listen and relate to others, don't compare or judge them by their story.
I did not want to leave rehab as it became a safe place for me. I was so afraid that when I was discharged that I would go back out and use.
The discharge from the program is usually gradual for that reason. You should be able to ease back into life, without taking the risks that you took before. You will have to undergo major changes in thinking and doing what you did before.
Take advantage of aftercare programs and NA/AA meetings. Find a sponsor with good clean time, who you admire and who's program that you want to emulate.
I still see people that I went through rehab with 28 years ago. Some of us made it. Be one of those who makes it.
If family isn't supportive, they don't have to know what you are doing. It does help to let a trusted friend know what you are doing so, if needed, they can handle your affairs while you are in treatment.
Best of luck to you. :D
We do NOT delete posts

Read the forum rules before posting here. If you are having any doubts about what you are posting, if you are thinking in the back of your mind, "I am going to want to delete this, or these details, later", remove those details, or step back and don't post until you are sure.
Wally58

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 am

Postby iluvibo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:11 am

good luck, you got this
iluvibo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 12:31 pm

Postby LarryPo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:18 am

Sorry you had to go through all that. However, I'm happy you've realized your problem and is ready for start recovery path. I know how it can be difficult to dare. If you need any info on rehabilitation in the drug facilities, you can visit the Addiction Resource site. There are many useful articles on various aspects of the rehabilitation process here, and many more.
LarryPo
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Postby Diablovalley » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 pm

This will be one of the best decision you are going to take in your life and you will surely realize this once you come back from the rehab center. Going through rehabilitation is not easy and you will go through a lot of pain, anger stress etc. Try to be positive all the time and as @Wally58 mentioned try to be beside the people who are willing to be clean and sober. Don't be with the people who are just in the rehab for temporary treatment. You can do it and live a drug-free life.

Best of luck !!
Diablovalley
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Postby guts » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:12 am

I’m sure this is a late reply, but anyways... rehab didn’t work for me, mostly because I was court-ordered to go and felt spiteful and vindictive about being there the entire time, but it may work for you. The least you can do is test it out and see if it helps. From what I’ve heard, a support group outside (or formed from friends that are actually focused on sobriety that you make whilst in rehab) will also help you. Good luck in your endeavor.
guts
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 am

Return to Drug Addiction

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post