Our partner

BPD sibling making life impossible

Open Discussions About Domestic Abuse.

Moderator: Terry E.

Re: BPD sibling making life impossible

Postby Terry E. » Tue May 12, 2020 10:15 pm

Borut wrote:One thing I would advise is to talk to other people outside the family a lot , so that you will have a strong sense of reality.

Yep, just engaging and seeing what reality is like, helps ground us, allows us to socially engage better, stops (reduces) that domino effect.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Borut » Wed May 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Terry E. wrote:
Borut wrote:One thing I would advise is to talk to other people outside the family a lot , so that you will have a strong sense of reality.

Yep, just engaging and seeing what reality is like, helps ground us, allows us to socially engage better, stops (reduces) that domino effect.

I think I was gas-lighted by family and I subsequently stopped socializing. I knew what there was saying was crazy, however it still affected my implicit beliefs. It is inherent in everybody to crave some approval of his family and members of the family can exploit this desire to mitigate their anxieties.
Should you even try and be productive the whole day?
Borut
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Terry E. » Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 am

Borut wrote:
Terry E. wrote:
Borut wrote:
One thing I would advise is to talk to other people outside the family a lot , so that you will have a strong sense of reality.

I think I was gas-lighted by family and I subsequently stopped socializing. I knew what there was saying was crazy, however it still affected my implicit beliefs.

It is that domino effect. You second guess before opening your mouth in public. You become more withdrawn and more of a spectator than a participant in life. That combined with disassociation, then dominoes, into study, work and those all important dating opportunities. Yep socializing with normal people is so important, rather than withdrawing to safety.
Terry E.

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:22 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The_Eye » Thu May 14, 2020 8:01 pm

It is really true that talking to other people outside of the family is important, in fact yesterday a couple of friends visited me and just half an hour of random chatting with them made me feel really better
I have OCD and CYCLOTHYMIA.

I just keep pretending everything is fine.....
The_Eye
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Previous

Return to Domestic Violence

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post