Our partner

Heartbroken!

Open Discussions About Domestic Abuse.

Moderator: Terry E.

Heartbroken!

Postby Rubygirl » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:47 am

I loved my bf with all my heart, we were together 2.5 years... he and I started as friends and eventually became a couple after couple more months. He talked about just us being together rest of our lives. After a while though he became verbally and emotionally abusive, after about ten months he hit me for the first time. I was shocked and grief stricken and confused. Some time past without incident and then it happened again, by that time we were living together. Bottom line is the abuse continued and worsened becoming more serious and a safety issue. I'm heartbroken that he ended up getting arrested recently after a neighbor called 911. Out of my hands and he's in serious trouble. I can't imagine my life without him although I realize the violence was over the top and can't continue like that. All I wanted was for him to get help he agreed once then changed his mind saying I need help not him.
Rubygirl
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:49 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Heartbroken!

Postby Terry E. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:13 pm

I am so sorry for you but one day looking back you may realise your neighbour did you the biggest favour anyone can do another human being. From reading countless posts here I would say that he could only have gotten worse.

If he is treating you like that what he would he be like if he lost his job, if he had a crappy boss, if you had money troubles, if the child did not behave perfectly, if the child caused him to loose sleep..

Right now it is so painful but you need to hear what others are saying and try your very best to move on.
Terry E.
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:49 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Domestic Violence