Our partner

books/resources on DID

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Violarules, Johnny-Jack

books/resources on DID

Postby angel123 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am

what are good books or sources about the basics of DID for someone new to DID that concentrate on how systems work especially covert/secretive systems...how do DID people feel(who do not know they have DID),what do they experience....
it's not important that it covers treatment or how to connect/communicate to other alters or how to work with the system.....
angel123
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:37 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: books/resources on DID

Postby dividedtruth89 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:37 am

Breaking Free, My life with Dissociative Identity Disorder. I have never read it, but I skimmed through it, and it's about some famous sports guy with DID. I'm pretty sure he just talks about his life and how he realized his problem.
None at this time
dividedtruth89
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Re: books/resources on DID

Postby sev0n » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Such a book is hard to find!

Sipra's book is probably the best for this. It's title is Treating DID. It's a little older than my other 2 favorites, but it hits more of what you are wanting. It has become my favorite book on DID and its not hard to understand like E. Howells book.

http://www.amazon.com/Treating-Dissocia ... _lmf_tit_1

We are reviewing 2 books right now in the group that might be of interest to you. So far we are not doing the book above. I think I am the only one here that has read it.

http://www.amazon.com/lm/RK7E1DT6G789F/ ... m_all_itms

Here are some other books that you might like as well.

There is one book that I loved the first chapter, but then it just became a collection of feelings and poems and such from those with DID. That is on that list too, if that is what you are looking for. Other than the first chapter I did not like the book.
sev0n
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (12)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post