Our partner

Taking over life

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: Taking over life

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Take a deep breath. This will not last forever. Little by little you will gather the ressources you need and contact the others inside.

They will show up again eventually. The lower the stress the more chances that they will show up. So, enjoy life and remember that every tiny thing that help even only a tiny bit, is important and worth doing!

You got this! I believe in you!
Autistic | ADHD | NB transmasc (any pronouns)
Recovered from: PTSD | DID | BPD | depression | anxiety
Journey thread

>> DID RESSOURCES LIST <<
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:39 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Shadowlands » Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:21 pm

Thank you we do appreciate your support, especially given your own situation! (had no idea you were in the middle of surgery until I read your recent post)

I am trying to understand the amnesia so I joined a FND group too to ask about Dissociative Amnesia. I was interested to see how it affected other people who maybe didn’t have other headmates!

Symptoms ranged from forgetting things like what they went into a room for, to forgetting how to do things such as drive a car, or forgetting family members. It seems FND symptoms in non-plural people can present in ‘attacks’ similar to relapsing-remitting MS or become chronic with symptoms constantly present.

I also know we’ve had other types of ‘attacks’ in the past leading to past misdiagnosis such as MS.

I am wondering if we had some kind of ‘attack’ in the middle of a system reshuffling or whoever was out at the time felt ‘something was happening’ ..panicked and quickly tried to re-organise everyone but didn’t have time to finish? and it’s resulted in some not getting integrated properly (the ‘lost ones’ inside) and the memory issues?

A medical emergency of some sort is the only thing we can think of that would cause panic and not completing the re-organisation (maybe ran out of time and was unable to ..left incapacitated by the sudden onset of symptoms) with one of them being DA then we wouldn’t remember we were maybe in the middle of reorganising or that some maybe missing?

We live on our own too so there’s no one here to remind us/make us aware that we’ve lost x amount of hours/days due to an attack on x day ..so we probably just don’t remember that day and put it down to brain fog or another alter been out at that time etc.
Shadowlands
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:39 am

Postby Shadowlands » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:04 am

We’ve come up with a plan for the weekend… now we’ve discovered Mila is possibly some kind of companion/guardian who has the ability to change form (inside and not whilst blended with another human host it seems)

We will remain separate so she can hide in the background, then if whoever is switching out with me takes over the front again she can communicate with them…let them know they left some inside who maybe who they were looking for?

Everyone we have found so far seems to be confused on some level, so for now we are not assuming this is intentionally disruptive on that alters part….we feel it’s more likely they are also experiencing some level of memory loss and just following their instinctual feelings and obviously found ‘the front’ first before they found the farmhouse.

It’s possible that ….as myself, Mila and GK now know of the farmhouse this other alter/part will find they now know of it’s existence and may head straight there instead? (i’m not sure at what level we are all interconnected but we do all share the same brain after all) In which case GK will explain to them and show them the part(s) Mila separated from to see if that’s what/who they are looking for. ..and introduce them to the young guy and child as it could be one of them this other one is looking for?

We hope to have more answers by next week! ..at least if one of the ones inside is who this other is looking for then they should stop switching me out just to ‘get out to look for them’. ..so the dissociative episodes out front should ease up!
Shadowlands
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby Shadowlands » Sat Jul 13, 2024 10:51 am

Hi I’m Ellie…who Ezri previously referred to as GK (finally chose a name!)

Another turned up inside looking for ‘her children’. The little boy recognised her and a little girl split from the internal body that was sleeping when she returned….so they are all taking a rest together ..we put a huge bed inside for them so they can sleep together and have plenty of room, so they are happy now. The ‘lost guy’ is her ‘beloved’ (as she called him) . So that solves that mystery!

Mila is helping the guy take care of the animals on the farm..Ezri was desperate for a complete break, they haven’t hosted for this long for many years…even when they did host it was never for so many hours or days in a row without a break so I’ve come back out for a bit.

I’m just cooking some meals for the freezer while I’m here and thought I’d come by and post something while I’m waiting for things to cook! Planning to indulge myself in a shower, massage and face mask or something while I’ve got the body to myself!

Ellie
Shadowlands
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post