Our partner

Shadow Work Revealed An Altar?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Shadow Work Revealed An Altar?

Postby puzzlebrains » Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Hello everyone, I am Adam from The Overlook Hotel System.

Our host Carrie and another altar, Marabeth, have decided to start a type of self exploration called shadow work. The idea is to see into the deepest darkest parts of yourself in hopes of acceptance. I was in our inner world, which maybe we should explain someday, when I noticed a deep black body of water. In the center was a siren of sorts. She looked like Medusa with black snakes for hair.

I believe the shadow work has brought this altar to the surface. Is it possible for that to happen?
puzzlebrains
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:48 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Shadow Work Revealed An Altar?

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun May 26, 2024 6:08 am

Yes, deep introspection can reveal parts of you or alters that were previously hidden.

Proceed with caution though, because sometimes bad memories or intense emotions can resurface that way. Have a "safety plan" of grounding, safe people to call if you need to talk about it, comfort items to help you through the intensity of the experience, etc. It's best to pratice the safety plan first and once you're well trained in the safety plan, then you are prepared to face the shadows. :)
Autistic | ADHD | NB transmasc (any pronouns)
Recovered from: PTSD | DID | BPD | depression | anxiety
Journey thread

>> DID RESSOURCES LIST <<
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:48 am

Re: Shadow Work Revealed An Altar?

Postby starbriteway » Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:47 am

Sometimes we find new alters as these figures we can't control who feel scary to interact with because engagement with them let's out the horrible dysphoric and terrified feelings from our trauma, which we have to do with them sooner or later.
starbriteway
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post