Our partner

Experience with the SIA Coming Home phone line?(TW)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Experience with the SIA Coming Home phone line?(TW)

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:29 pm

(***trigger warning for general mention of childhood sexual abuse**)

I've just been made aware of a resource called the Survivors of Incest Anonymous Coming Home phone line, which has a full schedule of 12-step meetings by phone for people with a history of childhood sexual abuse.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've never participated in any kind of support group or 12-step program, but I've been feeling a need for more support, and something completely anonymous like this is appealing to me. It's moderated, and seems safe.

I guess I'm just seeking reassurance or validation that this is worth considering? There was a lot of covert stuff in my childhood, but only one specific event of undeniable sexual abuse (that was forgotten about until 10 years ago), and even though I've sort of described it to the husband and to our T, it's feeling more and more like a big secret that it would help me to share.

With all the difficult stuff I've been going through with my T, there hasn't been room for my issues outside of the relationship interactions with the T, and I would like to expand my sources of support.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:49 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post