Our partner

A few curious observations and Questions?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

A few curious observations and Questions?

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sat May 28, 2022 8:01 am

As I came into my 'time out' with memory problems of the others initially until they started to be able to come forwards again I've noticed a few curious things that I can't explain.

example...i remember initially using bi-focal glasses to see the switch screen because if I didn't I struggled to read text in games or see smaller menu's clearer but then looking up to TV to read subtitles that was then blurred! (with regular one strength reading glasses).

However when little Susie started to come up front to play or watch I'd been playing a while, got up to go the the bathroom and spotted the glasses on the side and suddenly realised I'd been playing the game easily looking between game screen and TV without the glasses on!

I'd initially thought my co-ordination was just improving from practice until 'Bobby' came forwards to play on Zelda last night, they fully fronted with Kit in the back. And their mastery of the controls playing a much more challenging game (as far as quicker responses and many more different moves are required particuarly 'in battle) was much better than both mine and Little's Susie's (who although is better on AC than me at some stuff still needed 'Bobby' to do the dungeon part of Garden Paws' for her as her responses weren't quick enough in there, with faster paced 'enemies').

They didn't try the exercises last night we just wanted to start with something easy and not too exhausting to see how long Kit could hold focus and stay within Bobby before getting too tired. so wanted to choose something they would both really enjoy and want to stay engrossed in for as long as they could.

But it was good and Kit now feels more confident she could manage to instruct Bobby through a short exercise session. I'm wondering now if it will be possible that they would be able to do more and different exercises to what Juno and myself have managed to achieve?

But I don't understand how it's even possible that I can see the switch screen better when Susie is near the front than when I was doing it alone!! ..and how Bobby can co-ordinate complex moves on Zelda when I struggle to catch the little spiders/scorpions in Animal Crossing..(haven't caught one yet they keep stinging my character and making them 'pass out'! - collecting one of each is part of the museum quest).

It is making me wonder if it would be better for us all if someone else was to be the 'main front host' if there's any possibility they could be physically more able than the stage I've managed to get the body to?

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

Yuna is a fusion of Teen/Adult S, Juno and SG (Incan Spirit guide)
Lee is Bobby & Kit fused, seperate 'self' from 'Yuna' but co-hosting.

Little Susie (6-8yo) may still visit from time to time and may use this account to post from.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:55 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: A few curious observations and Questions?

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat May 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Not every alter has the same access to the brain's ressources. It is easier to understand it when it's about a Little who is unable to read the hour on a watch with wands. It is more confusing when it is about being able to move the body around or use the senses.

When my part David was less integrated than he is now, he would see everything way less focused than everyone else - with our glasses he would see the way we see without glasses. We "fixed" this by giving him eyeglasses in the Innerworld, which symbolizes giving him full access to the visual areas of the brain.

But sometimes such easy fix is not possible, and co-presence or sharing of abilities between alters can be a better fix.

How about trying things out to see what works best for you? :)
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:55 am

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sat May 28, 2022 3:39 pm

ArbreMonde wrote:Not every alter has the same access to the brain's ressources. It is easier to understand it when it's about a Little who is unable to read the hour on a watch with wands. It is more confusing when it is about being able to move the body around or use the senses.

When my part David was less integrated than he is now, he would see everything way less focused than everyone else - with our glasses he would see the way we see without glasses. We "fixed" this by giving him eyeglasses in the Innerworld, which symbolizes giving him full access to the visual areas of the brain.

But sometimes such easy fix is not possible, and co-presence or sharing of abilities between alters can be a better fix.

How about trying things out to see what works best for you? :)

How did you give him glasses to take into in the innerworld?

It may just be in our case because we've been seperated communication wise and they may not have the same understanding of what a stroke can do, particuarly the 'littles'? Whereas I've been stuck on the outside living with the effects daily and being told you'll probably never do this again or need a lot of help to do X etc ..and the others not being able to get out during that time and the 'internal wi-fi' being down...are starting to come out now with no pre-conception of what they should or shouldn't be able to do???

Still I thought that if I was having problems with smaller print then everyone would be as we're all looking through the same pair of eyes surely? ..that's kind of a bit different to one being better at video games than another as I suspect Bobby and Kit would have been the ones that were always out playing when we had consoles before years ago! ..but surely if the eyes were ageing...(it's fairly common to start needing 'reading glasses in your fifties) then anyone who came up front would need to wear them to see smaller screen's/text???

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

Little Susie (6-8yo) may still visit from time to time and may use this account to post from.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun May 29, 2022 7:57 am

YunaTheSummoner wrote:How did you give him glasses to take into in the innerworld?

Using Innerworld visualization and "magic". Theia made him glasses in the Innerworld, then gave him the glasses.

YunaTheSummoner wrote:starting to come out now with no pre-conception of what they should or shouldn't be able to do???

This might help removing a lot of the "nocebo effect" (the opposite of placebo effect) meaning that you have less unpleasant symptoms because you are less stressed about getting them.

YunaTheSummoner wrote:Still I thought that if I was having problems with smaller print then everyone would be as we're all looking through the same pair of eyes surely?

I know, it sounds so very odd! But the only limit of what an alter can do is the upper limit of the best thing the body can do. Any alter can always do worse than what the body can do. Some alters can loose abilities including strenght, sight, hearing... because they cannot connect properly to the areas of the brain responsible for being able to do these things.

Sometimes we discover that something we thought was a body issue, is a dissociation issue. And the other way around. I thought I was having dissociation issues causing me to see things kinda more blurry since a year or two, turns out I lost a tid bit of sight in one eye so I need to get new glasses in the physical world.

It's just a lot of trial and error until the core of the issue is found and properly addressed.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sun May 29, 2022 9:34 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Using Innerworld visualization and "magic". Theia made him glasses in the Innerworld, then gave him the glasses.

That's really clever! Kit is in the background...really impressed! ..and wishing she had thought of it back when 'Maddie' got stuck in the wheelchair years ago!

but says... "back then I had no-where near the same level of understanding that I also possibly had DID"

[Yuna] Kit was not that long out of the 'autism unit' and still trying to cope with daily life and a really boisterous naughty puppy! (our previous dog..when Kit got her)

YunaTheSummoner wrote:starting to come out now with no pre-conception of what they should or shouldn't be able to do???

ArbreMonde wrote: This might help removing a lot of the "nocebo effect" (the opposite of placebo effect) meaning that you have less unpleasant symptoms because you are less stressed about getting them.

I know, it sounds so very odd! But the only limit of what an alter can do is the upper limit of the best thing the body can do. Any alter can always do worse than what the body can do. Some alters can loose abilities including strenght, sight, hearing... because they cannot connect properly to the areas of the brain responsible for being able to do these things.

Sometimes we discover that something we thought was a body issue, is a dissociation issue. And the other way around. I thought I was having dissociation issues causing me to see things kinda more blurry since a year or two, turns out I lost a tid bit of sight in one eye so I need to get new glasses in the physical world.

It's just a lot of trial and error until the core of the issue is found and properly addressed.

This explains so much for us in the past! Thank you! :D

Kit is saying.."right well we can't make the same mistakes again...pack your bags Yuna!"

{me} ...what? ..why?...where am I going?

Kit says to say a huge Thank you from her...she knows what we need to do now for her to 'get back properly' and for us all to 'end up on the same page' ..regarding mobility and stuff!!

[me} :shock: <<<still clueless :lol:

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Mon May 30, 2022 6:24 am

Understanding how DID functions and how to use this symbolic and Innerworld functionning to help on the everyday life, takes time. I am lucky enough to have time and brain abilities and access to the documents, to read a lot of DID books. I am also friends with a psychology student who shares interesting peer reviewed articles on DID with me, which helps a lot too. (she is the one who gave me the references of the books btw)

Without her help and support I would be just as clueless as you are, I guess.

But it's nice that my friend gave me all these ressources because now I can pass along the peer-support! :D

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Mon May 30, 2022 8:07 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Understanding how DID functions and how to use this symbolic and Innerworld functionning to help on the everyday life, takes time. I am lucky enough to have time and brain abilities and access to the documents, to read a lot of DID books. I am also friends with a psychology student who shares interesting peer reviewed articles on DID with me, which helps a lot too. (she is the one who gave me the references of the books btw)

Without her help and support I would be just as clueless as you are, I guess.

But it's nice that my friend gave me all these ressources because now I can pass along the peer-support! :D

Yes and we do appreciate it! :D Kit is our resident 'genius' who did all that kind of thing but she also holds the 'medical trauma' and dislike of physical contact and of course it is sometimes necessary and unavoidable when paramedics or doctors need to save your life!! ... which unfortunately triggered her to 'shut down'.

But her and Bobby managed a short exercise session this morning, they will work on a slow gradual switch of position until Kit feels able to fully front and stay out without it triggering panic.

'Thea' and 'Maddies' parts never managed to reconnect (I guess because no-one had the knowledge to know how to) so that may have also led Phoenix to believe everything would change for the worse forever if I somehow managed to 'fuse' all the humans with no ability to communicate with or see the inner world. She thought the changelings and inner world would 'cease to exist'.

Kit is wondering whether fusing Thea & Maddie's fragments with me (they are no longer full alters apparently and have been only memory fragments for years) would not only add to my social knowledge and experience as the 'social front host' but also give me back the ability to communicate with and see the inside when I am out fronting? ...she asked me to ask..in case you 'just happen to know the answer'!

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue May 31, 2022 9:11 am

I am not certain. You can start to experiment with a temporary blending and see what happens, if the outcome is stable, if you gain more abilities, if you enjoy the result... And starting from there, see if you want to make this blending more permanent, or not.

It's up to you.

You can try stuff and decide for yourself if it's a good idea to work on making it permanent or not.

Good luck!

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Tue May 31, 2022 1:08 pm

ArbreMonde wrote:I am not certain. You can start to experiment with a temporary blending and see what happens, if the outcome is stable, if you gain more abilities, if you enjoy the result... And starting from there, see if you want to make this blending more permanent, or not.

It's up to you.

You can try stuff and decide for yourself if it's a good idea to work on making it permanent or not.

Good luck!

ok Thanks. I think we are aiming for 'Functional Multiplicity' as most really liked your description of it.

"it is called "functional multiplicity" or "trauma resolution" depending on who is writing the text. In this situation, everybody keeps their own personal identity, shape, name... Switches can happen too but they are less needed because the host has access to all resources for everyday life"

However, we feel there is always going to be a limit to how much Kit and Bobby are going to cope with and enjoy social interactions regardless of how much knowledge they have on the subject.

So the one's originally created as social masks who mostly functioned with no knowledge of 'the others' in the past are being offered the opportunity to fuse and combine all their social knowledge and experience to create one social mask 'host' for 'more challenging social engagements' than Kit & Bobby feel able to cope with.

This way 'Jody' {or others whose triggers no longer work, but who still want to 'come out'} can fuse with me so they get to come out and share 'social experience' for social events/appointments.

It has been decided The Changeling will keep their own sub system as they are all spirits, Tulpa or walk-ins who have more freedom [to move between 'groups' & worlds] than the physical body allows the human hosts. This way they can continue to be available for whoever needs them (in whatever form they need them to appear in) regardless of where the human hosts are.

So things feel like its moving at a faster pace and I really hope Kit knows what she's doing! .. but she says everything will make more sense to me once I can access the inner world too and we've all got the same information.

No idea when this is happening or how long it will take but if I 'disappear' you know where I went to!

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:59 pm

Good luck, I hope everything goes well and you find a way of working all together even better than you already do now!

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post