Our partner

Is this normal?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Is this normal?

Postby Rainbowfroggie » Tue May 24, 2022 8:38 pm

I been searching up DID a lot lately but I want to know if it is normal to hear people talk as if they are using a microphone from far away muffled up.
Rainbowfroggie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this normal?

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed May 25, 2022 7:35 am

Depends what you call "normal".

It is a form of hallucination or pseudo-hallucination that can be found in many DSM categories, including dissociative disorders. It is also something that people with "not disordered" minds can experience when very stressed out, or very tired. The boundary between "it's DSM worthy" and "it's normal funky human stuff" depends on the frequency of the experience, its context, and the presence or absence of other symptoms.

Therefore, based on your post alone, it's not possible to give you any more advice nor any more hint towards what it might be. Could be a chronic lack of sleep, could be dissociation, could be something else entierly (partial epilepsy seizure, schizophrenia, being autistic and hearing the neighbor's TV through the walls, or even, a dentistery filling that can recieve radiowaves - it's not unheard of thought it's so super rare that it's close to being an urban legend I just thought it's a fun story to know about https://www.bradfordfamilydentist.ca/lu ... -fillings/ )

I personally have similar hallucinations as if coming from the inside of my head but heard through my ears, but it's rare. It feels like hearing TV / radio broadcast mixing different channels, and it happens when I fall asleep, though so far I have not been able to determine if there are specific factors such as being tired or stressed out that is going to trigger this more often. It happens right when I am falling asleep so I'm not in the right state of mind to bother trying to make sense of it or checking if there is a specific context when it happens.
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:11 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post