Our partner

Integration question?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: Integration question?

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun May 22, 2022 8:49 am

Alters take the shape they need to take in order to ensure the survival of the whole system.

You can find informations about non-human alters e.g. here: https://did-research.org/did/alters/non-human

Communication between alters/parts is ensured by creating new neurone pathways in the brain through mind exercises (like anything you learn, really). If the stroke damaged some pathways, you need to create new ones around the damaged areas, just like you need speech therapy to re-learn to articulate properly, and so on.

And you are all doing a nice job at it! :D

Oh also, @Kit and pals: fusion cannot happen if you do not want it. Yuna and Juno are curious about what it is, how it works etc. but it does not mean they absolutely want to force it upon everybody inside! It's completely okay if you (Kit etc.) want to stop at "functional multiplicity". It's legitimate and it's a perfect good way of healing from traumas and dissociation.

I understand that you are scared and everything. You can breathe. Nothing can be forced upon you regarding fusion. Fusion cannot happen spontaneousely if you do not want it.
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Mon May 23, 2022 7:02 pm

ArbreMonde wrote:Alters take the shape they need to take in order to ensure the survival of the whole system.

You can find informations about non-human alters e.g. here: https://did-research.org/did/alters/non-human

Communication between alters/parts is ensured by creating new neurone pathways in the brain through mind exercises (like anything you learn, really). If the stroke damaged some pathways, you need to create new ones around the damaged areas, just like you need speech therapy to re-learn to articulate properly, and so on.

And you are all doing a nice job at it! :D

Oh also, @Kit and pals: fusion cannot happen if you do not want it. Yuna and Juno are curious about what it is, how it works etc. but it does not mean they absolutely want to force it upon everybody inside! It's completely okay if you (Kit etc.) want to stop at "functional multiplicity". It's legitimate and it's a perfect good way of healing from traumas and dissociation.

I understand that you are scared and everything. You can breathe. Nothing can be forced upon you regarding fusion. Fusion cannot happen spontaneousely if you do not want it.

Thankyou! ... We will pass the message on to Kit and others. I don't know when or whether she will attempt coming back out again. She maybe a little embarrassed as we discovered Phoenix lied to her and the littles and she will know this by now.

Give her a couple of weeks...its our birthday soon so she may try to come back out again once we've got these next few appointments out of the way to sort out prescriptions and the ceiling being repainted (from burst pipe damage earlier in year - she hates workmen in the house!).

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

Yuna is a fusion of Teen/Adult S, Juno and SG (Incan Spirit guide)
Lee is Bobby & Kit fused, seperate 'self' from 'Yuna' but co-hosting.

Little Susie (6-8yo) may still visit from time to time and may use this account to post from.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:15 am

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue May 24, 2022 7:40 am

If Phoenix's "lie" was about "they want to force you to fusion" it might have been the expression of the fear of forced fusion. A way to warn Kit and the others "I fear this might be happening, please protect yourselves, I'm not sure what's going on" but with the wrong words.

It's okay to panic at the idea of forced fusion or at the idea of reaching an integration level you are not ready for. Anybody would panic in this situation, misunderstand things, and just go "AAAAA RING THE PANIC ALARM AAAAA".

Please go easy on Phoenix. I'm sure their heart was in the right place, though their panic might have made them misbehave. I know I've had Zami storm through the whole system damaging a lot of things out of sheer panic and maladapted behavior in the past. Know they are more composed and more able to "ring the alarm" without inner damages, which helped me last week to better become aware of and communicate about my concerns regarding a social worker who is not very good (okay she is very bad) at her job even though she has her heart in the right place and is a nice person.

One step at a time. All together you can do it.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Wed May 25, 2022 9:45 am

ArbreMonde wrote:If Phoenix's "lie" was about "they want to force you to fusion" it might have been the expression of the fear of forced fusion. A way to warn Kit and the others "I fear this might be happening, please protect yourselves, I'm not sure what's going on" but with the wrong words.

It's okay to panic at the idea of forced fusion or at the idea of reaching an integration level you are not ready for. Anybody would panic in this situation, misunderstand things, and just go "AAAAA RING THE PANIC ALARM AAAAA".

Please go easy on Phoenix. I'm sure their heart was in the right place, though their panic might have made them misbehave. I know I've had Zami storm through the whole system damaging a lot of things out of sheer panic and maladapted behavior in the past. Know they are more composed and more able to "ring the alarm" without inner damages, which helped me last week to better become aware of and communicate about my concerns regarding a social worker who is not very good (okay she is very bad) at her job even though she has her heart in the right place and is a nice person.

One step at a time. All together you can do it.

Thank you you've been very kind with all your support and always answering our many never ending questions!! We do appreciate it! :D

Phoenix has apologised and now having access to her thoughts at the time, it seemed she had misunderstood and panicked. The Changelings Elders are satisfied that there was no malice in her behaviour or communication, she did think she was helping and has been struggling with paranoia what with the isolation before the event due to pandemic and then a stroke on top.

Yuna
Host - Yuna-Lee

Yuna is a fusion of Teen/Adult S, Juno and SG (Incan Spirit guide)
Lee is Bobby & Kit fused, seperate 'self' from 'Yuna' but co-hosting.

Little Susie (6-8yo) may still visit from time to time and may use this account to post from.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:15 am

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed May 25, 2022 5:33 pm

Congratulations on solving this difficult inner situation! Good job everyone! WHOOOT! :D

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post