Our partner

Uncontrollable Rapid Switching

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Uncontrollable Rapid Switching

Postby Multiverse » Thu May 12, 2022 3:07 am

Possible trigger warning because of some random mentioning of stiff, UGH, why can't I speell right now. I ment mentioning of stuff. sorry.

Oh, please help with any advice. Sorry if I sound- uh, I can't think too great as I trype this. I feel out of it, so sorry if it looks that. way. Too weak right now to focus too much on greammer. UGH. I meant grammer. That doesn't even look right.

Anyway we suddently are rappid switching, and have such a horrible feeling. We feel drugged, BUT we honestly DON"T have any clue what that would even feel like. So the low down is: We went to out Doctor. Pain doc. He gave us a nerve block. We were dinf, UGH I meant fine all day after the shor. Wow. I really can't spell/trype worse anything right now. :roll: It way bad. i think we switch. we need grounding advice pleade. we tryed distraction. no help, too bad switching. Oh boy. Yeah, we are not good at all apparently.

We did get to speak to doc on call. He acts like we shoukd be fine, I mean the other symptoms which is triggering this severe episode. He don't know about our DID, nor these sysmptoms I mention. We called him for side effects of the shot, which now happened to make our body attempt to cope from the pain or something, and it is overreacting by rapid swiching.

Sorry for rambling. Basically what we need right now, if anyone is willing, is some advice on how to ground when the traditional methods aren't working. Like one of us said, what we normally do to help, is NOT working. Some of us are MUCH worse than others.

Thank you!

-Edit: Well I saw and tried to delete this because it makes me feel crazy and "vulnerable", but I see I'm too late. Oh well.......
250+ so a Huge System (in our opinion)- That isn't even counting the areas just recently discovered. We seem to have numerous co-hosts (as far as I know that is the correct term), and at least currently- one main host.

Protectors - K (Male) and L (Male)

Main Host- Stephanie, or "Steph" for short (Female)
Multiverse
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 8:43 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Uncontrollable Rapid Switching

Postby Multiverse » Thu May 12, 2022 3:46 pm

I have NO clue what was wrong with us. Reading this, for me, anyway is VERY DISTURBING. I feel beyond crazy now. I'm scared to say anything more now. Which one of us thought it was a good idea to post this? So embarrassing and horrifying.

I'm sorry you had to see our breakdown. :(
Multiverse
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 8:43 am

Postby BritPlus6 » Thu May 12, 2022 4:15 pm

Do you have a therapist who is aware of your DID?
It sounds like something that needs to be brought up with them.

When I feel like you've just described it usually means one of my others feels chaotic and out of control, something is wrong with them emotionally.

What's your internal communication like? Can you ask "Who is feeling like this? What was the trigger? How can I help?"

k
Britt- Older Teen; K-Adult, host, probably the "core"; D-Adult, system manager, gatekeeper, protector, babysitter of the little; V- Adult; H- Adult; L- Little; W- wolf/girl hybrid.
BritPlus6
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 7:43 am

Postby NewSunRising » Fri May 13, 2022 11:38 am

Multiverse wrote:I have NO clue what was wrong with us. Reading this, for me, anyway is VERY DISTURBING. I feel beyond crazy now. I'm scared to say anything more now. Which one of us thought it was a good idea to post this? So embarrassing and horrifying.

I'm sorry you had to see our breakdown.

Multiverse , if the writing really upsets you , you can PM me or any other Admin and ask us to kind of tidy it up as far as spelling , grammar , etc. . As long as it doesn't change the content of your post , it's no problem .

There is a very short window of time in which you can edit a post . After that passes , you need to contact contact a Mod to change anything . Per forum rules , we do not delete posts . But we can make occasional minor edits at your request.
NewSunRising
Site Admin

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 1:43 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat May 14, 2022 7:47 am

Hey, it's okay. I've had this kind of episode too. It's uncomfortable but it's actually common in dissociative disorder. The feeling of loosing touch with the reality and oneself... Heavy depersonalization and derealization... I've known it before.

Usually what helps me is to tackle the cause of the issue (in my case it's often piled up anxiety and exhaustion, so the solution for my case is, some anxiety meds and going to bed trying to sleep it off). Anchoring exercises also help me: I personaly find the "brain gym" exercises (just Google Picture it to find infographies ;) ) efficient for me. Others use the 5-4-3-2-1 exercises, or exercises from the book "Coping with trauma related dissociation", or yoga, or putting cold water on one's face, and so on.

There is nothing to be ashamed of even though it is uncomfortable. Though I understand the need to remove the thread - go see the staff for that like New Sun Rising said. ;)

Good luck!
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 2:43 pm

Postby Purplesky » Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 pm

i'm going to guess it was possibly a response to getting the shot at the pain doctor, not necessarily the shot itself, but probably the entire process of it all.

i struggle with procedures of any type, medical, audiologist, dentist, physical therapy, etc. because they put me in a vulnerable state, and i'm usually in a room alone with them. it doesn't matter if it's male or female. just the physical closeness, touching, and if there is any type of pain, it sets dissociation off. it can be a delayed response hours after or can happen during it and last for the rest of the day.

just take care of yourself as best as you can. if you have any upcoming things again, maybe talk to everyone inside and start using some coping/grounding skills before you go. it might help.
Purplesky
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 5:43 am

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue May 17, 2022 5:38 pm

Getting a shot or any medical procedure can be anxiety-inducing enough to go into rapid-switching, I agree with you!

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Wed May 18, 2022 8:16 am

We have medical trauma and alters who react strongly to any expectation to have to attend an appointment or deal with an emergency.

Sometimes it can be more natural events though for example our body is female and of a certain age so the hormones changing and going through perimenopause triggered a period of constant switching particuarly at 'certain times of the month'...so if your physical body is female you may want to take that into consideration too??? (sorry I'm not sure you mention both male and female alters at the bottom of your post :oops: )

Yuna
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 1:43 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Thu May 19, 2022 6:40 pm

Oh gosh I agree with the dysphoria one can have if your body has some regular things happening and your other gender alter/s have trouble fronting during these times.

Sometimes, tiny details can trigger stress and/or switching and un-balance the whole system, sometimes it's the piling up of stuff that would otherwise be manageable one at a time... Stress is an annoying thing really.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post