Our partner

A New Start (the way forwards)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: A New Start (the way forwards)

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:22 am

Did it work? Did you manage to take the doggie to a walk outside?
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 2:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:04 am

ArbreMonde wrote:Did it work? Did you manage to take the doggie to a walk outside?

Hi...yes it worked!...got him out around teatime. Those small windy lanes are a bit nerve wracking when traffic is busier (people coming home from work and there's no proper pavement..I'm chugging along on a mobility scooter! :shock: .. etc) but the field was deserted at least when we got there so he got a good off-lead run :D

But an even bigger surprise for us was Bobby announced (verbally to us!) last night that they were going to find a way back inside to fetch Kit! :shock: :shock: :o

It seems being 'within me' and witnessing the relationship between myself and Juno and how we play games/co-operate to work the body has given this 'new adult Bobby' the desire to have the same!

They seem to relate to Kit more than anyone else but even that was a very limited 'relationship' (from what we've read on here), so we expected that they may want to just wait in our secret garden for Kit to find her way back .....but last night Bobby announced 'I go find my friend Kit' ..to say we were astounded would be an understatement and not just from the fact they have never previously spoke verbally in their life! (not to us anyway!)

However SG believes if they stay blended with Bobby a little longer Bobby will also learn concepts such as wisdom and compassion and then hopefully when they do re-merge with Kit (even if its only to play Zelda again!), that will be passed onto Kit also...so SG is also going on the journey to find an alternative route inside with Bobby and Juno and I are holding the fort out here!

We will continue to work on building physical strength and multi-tasking ability for when the others return. we feel there's actually real hope now that something WILL happen at some point in the future...whether it's just that we have communication with everyone or that others will be able to come out to do things if they want to, hopefully relationships between us will carry on from where they left off or be better after going through all this!!!
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sun May 01, 2022 9:10 am

Feel I need to update this as had a bit of further progress in that 'little Susie' was able to reach the front or her thoughts were (it wasn't a complete switch) but we did some activities together, she was able to communicate to us what she wanted to do and I was able to receive the message and picture her in my mind as if we were sharing the experience.

I'm not sure if that means the broken pathway is fixed or she just found another way to the front with Phoenix's help, but I also seem to know that Bobby found KIt. I don't know however how much Kit has been told about what has been happening up front or whether Bobby had gone back to presenting as a child or was an adult still. All I'm getting is a strong feeling that Kit still doesn't want to be the one up front all the time dealing with the real world.

I'm gonna hazard a guess its gonna be a long while before they come near the front again because Bobby will have shared with her the news that BOTW2 has been delayed again possibly into 2023. I've learnt from reading past posts that apparently they have some kind of Holodeck on the inside that can recreate any world and Bobby has seen a few video spoilers of some of the scenery from us watching YT clips. I think with their combined knowledge of the game they can probably create something that will end up looking quite like the new game when it eventually comes out.

Susie had wanted to leave a message on the little's board, we asked first on another post but because she didn't get a 'yes you can everyone will be happy to see you again' kind of thing she thinks no-one missed her and has disappeared back inside with Phoenix.

Though I think if it had been sunny first thing so we could have gone to the nature park she may have hung about longer and tried again but the weather forecast heavy rain first thing so she knew we wouldn't be able to get there and seems to have left overnight with Phoenix. I've just had a lie in today, quick run to nearest field with doggy when it stopped raining.I'm feeling a bit tired and drained today, so lazy day...no energy to get started on anything really.
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Re: A New Start (The Great Re-shuffle!)

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Wed May 04, 2022 7:26 am

The Great Reshuffle!

We have found Jody! ...it seems she was the first to come across Kit very confused and disorientated and voluntarily blended with her to try and help her heal. (which is why she couldn't be sensed because she 'within' someone else). Kit is doing better but not yet ready to cope with any additional responsibilities.

Phoenix was caught (by the Guardian) trying to convince Bobby to return to their previous child state.
SG was intending to return to the front to help Juno and I, but it seems its now been decided she will instead re-blend with Bobby. This encourages Bobby to stay in her adult form which they were doing so well with and enables SG to help them grow further emotionally. Bobby is now assigned to help Susie (with the help of SG). Together they will learn to help other members too. I think their first assignment will be to visit with Thea and Maddie to see if they need any further help.

Meanwhile Phoenix who it seems has been behaving like the naughty 'Tinkerbell fairy' who doesn't want to grow up themselves or want 'Peter Pan' (ie the 'littles') to grow up either! ...has been assigned to work with the Guardian and Elders who watch over the entire system and help us decide what is the best decision to make for the system as a whole. It is good to be able to have communication with them once again and not constantly feel I am 'flying blind' with no idea where I'm supposed to be heading and which way is the best heading!

Juno and I are to stay co-piloting out front as we are, as there quite a few social events and medical appointments up coming to attend where we are the 'expected persona' of the body (from the RL people's perspective). We also carry the knowledge of 'how the body is doing' since the stroke for dealing with those outsiders still watching our progress.

For now the plan seems to be to split into 2's or 3's to help one another heal then re-group as each pairing reach the right stage to integrate. We think that may happen over winter when its possible there will be another lockdown anyway (or covid cases will be up again so we will certainly have to isolate again) so reducing appointments and social events again to give us time for then (hopefully) healed other parts to re-emerge safely.

For now we're just trying to enjoy summer (if it ever starts! - still grey and rainy here :roll: ) and build up the bodies strength of body and mind for 'the great re-union' :D
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Mon May 09, 2022 6:35 am

We always seem to pick up a bug or something after going to visit family!

Yesterday after a slow start to the morning with foggy headedness that eventually started to clear, we spent most of the rest of the day in and out of the bathroom with severe stomach pains :shock: :oops: :roll:

Feeling very weak and dehydrated today and daren't do much more than sip water or tea. (I'm not a coffee drinker) Have managed to throw some washing in the machine as its sunny out so that will get dry outside and hopefully we'll find the energy to take the dog for a short walk later (if he wants to go out). The grass really needs cutting but I don't know if I have the energy to cope with the gardener here today and hoping he doesn't turn up until tomorrow!

With the disappointment of whoever it was wanting to come out yesterday and then spending the rest of the day between the loo and a hot water bottle on the bed, 'the others' disappeared and left me cope with it. Though I could sense Juno when I woke up asking if I was ok.

Everyone is quiet today and seems worried they made the body ill, everyone seems scared of ending up back in hospital and not being so lucky with coming out of it so 'lightly' the next time! :o
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Wed May 11, 2022 8:59 am

Well, we got discharged by the stroke team, so now on our own as far as recovery from this point on goes.

We can do a small distance with walking aids around garden now and manage getting in and out of cars and into families house with crutches. Anything more than that we've still had to use wheelchair or mobility scooter for.

Given the shortage of carers and pandemic situation we're grateful we can at least get out of bed and dressed etc ourselves.Things could have been a lot worse physically!

We're slowly getting better at organising ourselves but still have to rely on lists sometimes. Having Juno in the background really helps with stuff like that. She's good at cooking and knowing what needs to go on first for it all to be cooked at same time etc.

Memory for the past is a bit sketchy... looking at old photo's helps though most of the old photo's are from camping holidays as it was the only time the camera came out back then! ... not like modern times when people take photo's with their phone's practically every 5 mins of their dinner or a selfie! :roll:

Long Term Memory - There are still chunks missing from some periods, this seems to correspond with whether we've had any direct contact with that alter since the stroke or not.

Short Term Memory - still struggle to even remember what we've only just read 5 seconds ago sometimes and don't remember until we read it again that we read it once already!
Memory of visual imagery is improving eg video games remembering where we left off in a game and how to get round the world map(in that game) is slowly improving though have got lost a few times in games where the area is bigger than a small island basically!
Can remember what exercise routines we do but can't remember when I last did it eg I know what my wii fit workout is but I can't think when I last did it, but as soon as I turned it on and see when it was last done I remember! - so some memories being triggered are still very reliant on receiving prompts to remember it.
Things going from STM to LTM seems to take longer to achieve.

Some things seem to depend on whether others are near to the front eg I remember the games 'Little Susie' likes in more detail when she's nearer to the front and wanting to go on them.

Interestingly after LS blended with 'Maddie' and came forward she wanted to play on Garden Paws rather than Animal Crossing. GP is this game where there's loads of cute little animals all different colours and you can customise your own to play as.

If you'd have asked me to guess what LS would have chosen I'd have said some cute little pink character, however the one she has made resembles (as close as she could get) our old dog!!! ...a little black dog with grey and white on its face! ..with white on its paws and tip of tail! ..she also announced she was now 8 years old not 6! ..and views herself as 'a disabled child' In the past she did not see herself as a physically disabled child as the body wasn't at that age. ...it wasn't at 8 years old either! ...but Maddie's fragment who she seems to have blended with ..identified as having a physical disability. This has really surprised me!
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ArbreMonde » Thu May 12, 2022 10:10 am

I am happy for you for all the progress you make!

Tons of moral support regarding the medical discharge.

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Fri May 13, 2022 7:33 am

ArbreMonde wrote:I am happy for you for all the progress you make!

Tons of moral support regarding the medical discharge.

Thank you! We are trying to formulate our next plan of action, but it looks like we'll be very much alone in our quest.

The newspapers in our country are saying over half a million people are waiting for social care and whereas care agencies used to try and take 80% of cases they are now having to turn that many down due to staff shortages, shortage of money, petrol costs - you're more likely to get turned down if you live rurally and it would cost them double to get to you and they could have visited and dressed/washed several people in the time it takes them just to get to you...so people already in hospital are more likely to be kept in bedblocking if social care can't be found for them cos of where they live.

If you're not yet in hospital you better pray you don't need it cos ambulance waiting times are now on average 6-10 hrs (thats just for them getting to you!) then queueing outside emergency dept waiting to get in the door, then been left in the hallways on beds waiting for a bed on a ward! -some hospitals have declared emergencies and closed emergency departments. I've seen it all live on TV too I know it's not the hospitals and doctors/nurses fault - staff from covid wards are getting diagnosed with PTSD! ... still our govt insists covid cases are going down, everywhere is open for business and no mask mandates in public (hospitals and care homes etc still have them in place though).

Then there's the cost of living crisis and energy, food, transport/delivery bills etc. We desperately need Kit to come forward (even if not fully out) and at least advise us on how to prepare and to get the body fitter.

I've barely had the energy to exercise like Kit used to and we probably only survived that stroke as well as we did because of the level of fitness Kit had previously managed to get the body to. Right now I can't say our chances would be the same to get through another so well!

so I'm kinda writing all this in the hope that one of the guardians/elders is in the back watching or something and can somehow trigger Kit into action, otherwise we're not gonna get through another winter or survive another medical emergency.

We need to be preparing NOW for a winter with less heating (increase pain and stiffness due to arthritis if we're gonna to having to live in a cold house cos of cost of heating it and unfit/immobile).

anyway sorry for the rant...it wasn't directed at you @ArbeMonde I'm just hoping someone in our own system is watching and paying attention and will 'send help to the frontline!'

Anyway time to get dressed, feed and walk Mr Woof etc.... Thanks for reading! :)

Yuna
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat May 14, 2022 7:41 am

Sending moral support to you and the medical people in your country!

ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Mon May 16, 2022 7:57 am

It seems the part previously known here as 'Kit' has been more damaged/affected by the stroke than other parts, however 'Bobby' has made quite incredible progress and whereas in the past apparently Bobby would only come out when Kit was hosting and specifically only to play video games, they appear to have 'grown up' and become one of the older alters within the system. :shock:

They seem to have taken Thea's fragment and learned from her memories of being 'functionally social' in the college and work environment and their skill level with sign language to give them another language in situations they would not want to speak. however they have actively rejected the 'deaf identity' part of Thea, instead embracing their autistic identity and using the speech difficulties left from the stroke as the reason for sometimes choosing to be non-verbal (though they do now speak sometimes).

It seems also Bobby has reblended with Kit on the inside to access past information on how Kit got us back to semi mobile and some of Jody's qualities that we and others liked about her personality in the past (Jody will stay blended with Kit on the inside until she is fully healed) and this is the reason there is a delay and they aren't coming out just yet.

It now seems it will be 'Bobby' in control of the body when they come forwards, (although that is not the name they will use in RL) so Juno and I can take a break. SG will stay blended with Bobby. This will give them a 'softer' more friendly personality when they have to deal with brief social interactions (such as a neighbour unexpectedly saying hello and stopping to ask how we are).

I'm not sure what's happening with Phoenix whether she's still doing her 'work experience' learning the ropes from the guardians or has been re-united with little Susie again.

I'm not sure how I know this just that I woke up knowing this, kinda like I was hooked up to some computer overnight and a load of info downloaded into my brain/part overnight!

it seems our system has understood though if parts temporarily blend with each other they can share information and put all the fragments of memory into one 'self'.

I am being told Juno and I will get our break but Bobby does not want to be the one permanently out front all the time, so apparently we will be back to take care of the social side of life after our 'holiday'.

I hope these posts are somehow reassuring to others that even after a stroke you could still find your system and get everyone back again, it just may take a while!

Yuna
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post