Our partner

Inner crisis

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Inner crisis

Postby donna1995 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Hello. Today was a difficult day for me. I got stressed and I could not calm down. Some of the persons that live in me tried to help me. But after several minutes I rememberd my dead grandfather, I filled with sorrow and I thought I was 5 years old and I wanted to cry. The persons that live in me tried to help me and wanted to cry too. After some minutes, I realized who I am, but the persons kept on speaking, in an attempt to help me feel better. Any ideas on why this happened? Any ideas on how to handle similar things? My doctor believes I suffer from psychosis and every time that the persons that live in me wake up, she tells me to increase the doses of my pills.
donna1995
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 12:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Inner crisis

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:25 am

It's never a mistake to try to get to know yourself(ves) better. You can try writing in a journal by paying attention to whatever thoughts and feelings are coming up in your mind and writing them down. Or if you have good communication without writing things down, you can have internal conversations with them to get to know them better. If there's a 5 year old, you can try to send thoughts and feelings to them and see if you get a response.

Getting to know each other's needs and wants is important, and then you can try to help those parts get their needs met. If this is DID/OSDD, then you're all part of one whole entity and it is important to take care of each other.

If you disagree with your doctor's interpretation of what's going on, you can seek out a second opinion. Having alters is not a sign of psychosis. Auditory hallucinations cannot interact with you and carry on a conversation.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 3:08 am

Re: Inner crisis

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:56 pm

I second the Gang. Especially with the fact that you felt like a kid at some point, then "yourself" later on. The fact that your voices try to help you, too. They sound and behave more like dissociative parts than biological psychosis.

Like the Gang I advise you to get a second opinion. Seek someone who knows how to do the differential diagnosis between dissociative disorders and schizophrenia.

Good luck.
__
Daniel.
Autistic | ADHD | DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host/umbrella identity: Morwan

Journey thread | DID ressources thread

This too shall pass. It shall pass like a kidney stone, but it shall pass.
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 20, 2022 11:08 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post