Our partner

I cannot calm down.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

I cannot calm down.

Postby donna1995 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:17 pm

Hello. The persons that live in me woke up again. I cannot relax. Their thoughts and feelings have nothing to do with my own. Any suggestions on what I can do? Pills once again do not seem to help me.
donna1995
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I cannot calm down.

Postby Amythyst » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:24 pm

you could try talking to them & find out what they want or what's got them so active?

work with them, not against them?
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Vanessa(13f); Viola(17f); et multa magis
DID, general anxiety; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:59 am

Re: I cannot calm down.

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:01 am

I agree with Amythyst. They are at pain and are asking for help and to be aknowledged. They can also carry ressources that might help you in your daily life.

It IS scary at first to realize that part of your mind "belongs to someone else". It can take time to learn to communicate and work toghether. But on the long run, you'll both get better by working together. Do not hesitate to have a look at "Coping with trauma related dissociation" (a book, can be found on the Zlibrary if you have no other way to access it). It contains explanations on what is dissociation exactly, how to work with it, how to communicate with your headmates, work with them etc. "Healing the fragmented selves of trauma survivors" is also a good additional read. "The Haunted Self" is more theory-oriented and is a more advanced read.

There are other DID theory and self-help books available, do not hesitate to browse the Zlibrary (if you have no other way of accessing them) or to buy them through your local bookshop (if they are ISBN registered and still published you can give the ISBN number to your bookstore and they can find a copy for you - some libraries also work together to lend books to each-others so you can borrow rare books from libraries across the country by asking your local one, sometimes).
__
Daniel.
Autistic |ADHD |DID | transmasc (they/them & he/him)

System host (final fusion ???): Morwan

Can post as a sub-component of the system, or a sub-sub component.

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:59 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post