Our partner

How do I merge my personalitys?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

How do I merge my personalitys?

Postby DoDecaDon » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Is it possible to merge my personalitys?
Also most of me can't stand my voice (accent) can that be changed?
A.D.D, Anxiety, Depression

Dissociation
DoDecaDon
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do I merge my personalitys?

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:46 am

"Merging personalities" or if you prefer, connecting the dissociated parts together, is one of the goal of the trauma and integration therapy.

You can have two versions of it: either you keep the different identities intact and merge everything "in the background" (merging all the memories together to ease up the amnesia, merging all the skill sets together so that all identities can feel empowered, healing all the traumas...) it is also called "resolution" or "healthy multiplicity" - or you can also merge everything "on stage" and fuse the identities together which is called "final fusion". Though some of the time, the identities fuse together spontaneousely, when things are merged enough "in the background" so that the identities feel safe enough to merge together.

Anyway, it is a slow and delicate process and it is better done with the help of a specialized therapist.

Regarding your voice and accent, I guess that a professional of using your voice (I cannot remember the english name at the moment) can help you learn how to have a different accent, different speech pattern, etc.
__
Daniel.
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion) or Daniel ♂ɸ (Zamiel + David)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post