Our partner

video games for littles?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

video games for littles?

Postby spinningtops » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:34 am

preferably on steam. one game that has been really cute (get when on sale cause they are short) is the frog detective games. nothing scary, very cute and fun. but would like some more to try. I got trine 2 and will try that one soon too. when my littles are around tons of games are off limits (obviously), and it can be hard to find the right thing for them to do. thanks.
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 1:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: video games for littles?

Postby Arik » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm not as active as I used to be, but I'm still involved with an online game called Animal Jam. You can play free as a non-member.

https://www.animaljam.com/en
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 3:22 pm

Postby spinningtops » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:49 am

Thank you Arik. :)
~

another thing. i guess it may not just be a little, but also dealing with what to do when i feel disassociated but not so much that i can't do anything.
there are the feelings that sometimes happen when looking for a game when feeling this: 1) is not wanting anything that is scary at all. and 2) wanting something kind of simple, cause i get overwhelmed sometimes. 3) and also a feeling of the game having a calming feeling.

right now the issue is that sometimes when i am in this out of it state it is really hard to find a game simple and calming enough to play. it's kind of an issue at the moment.

anyways, thank you.
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby fireheart » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:35 pm

I would suggest Stardew Valley.
But other than that, you can also try IRL games... drawing together or playing a board game. Or playing pretend. :)
fireheart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 pm

Postby Zor » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:00 pm

spinningtops wrote:preferably on steam. one game that has been really cute (get when on sale cause they are short) is the frog detective games. nothing scary, very cute and fun. but would like some more to try. I got trine 2 and will try that one soon too. when my littles are around tons of games are off limits (obviously), and it can be hard to find the right thing for them to do. thanks.

How little? We've always found the Lego games to be fun and fairly simple and not too hard for them. And you get to break a lot of lego bricks stuff, collect studs and lego pieces themed to the genre/title...
And none of them have been scary- mostly they're silly and whimsical.

-Zor
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 3:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:16 am

I seem to remember the old nintendo DS and having Nintendogs which was very easy just having a puppy and petting, feeding, bathing, you could take it for walks. I'm sure there's more updated versions about?

Nintendo games always seemed to be more family friendly and have more available for the very young player, particuarly on the hand held consoles. The Pokeomon games were very popular even on the black and white Gameboy back in the day.I'm sure they do much more updated versions on the newer consoles. Most kids TV series these days seem to have a game out somewhere!
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 pm

Postby ConcealDontFeel » Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:41 am

"Planet Zoo" is something we all enjoy. The building aspect of the game appeases everyone and we all love animals.

"My Time at Portia" is also an extremely excellent game (and there's a sequel coming out this year, "My Time at Sandrock"). We're terrible gamers, but we could beat this game, though there's no rush to do so. It's got outstanding visual design that our littles really love, there's animals you can get as pets, you make friends, you can date/marry, you resource collect, build, decorate you house, there's clothing options, and there's the entire story which is equally delightful. It has a young feel to it, but all of us enjoy the game, even the adults in our system who struggle with allowing the littles to do kid things.

"Donut County" is a cute and short game.

"Astroneer" isn't too challenging and ofters several planets to explore with really beautiful cores of them.

"Katamari Damacy REROLL" is just ridiculous and fun (though you will 100% want a controller to play it).

"Spirit of the North" is a simple game to beat, but really fun because you play a fox and you get magical powers. There's some puzzles to solve, but the older ones can help out with that if the littles struggle, but it should be fine. Even if you don't beat it, we enjoyed just playing as a fox and it's a beautiful game.

"Island Farmer" is a very cheap game and it's getting new levels. Very simple, puzzle-type of game anyone could beat, but very relaxing and enjoyable.

"Townscaper" is also cheap (and on sale right now for under $5 CND) and very, very simple, but relaxing. We got a little bored with it, but that's because we like more complicated building games, but as a game for children it could work very well.

That's what we've got in our library to recommend anyway. :)
ConcealDontFeel
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby HGranger » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:38 pm

One of our 4 year old loves Webkinz, she even shares with the other littles.
My IRL son who is grown got them a switch and plays Mario Party with them. Don't really know much about other games, but they have Barbie's and stuffies they love to play with.
HGranger
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 5:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby YunaTheSummoner » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:54 am

I found myself looking at Stardew Valley recently but don't think it's suitable for very young littles. The reason being over here at least its got 12+ age rating and the characters have back stories of things like alcoholism and ex's who may have been abusive/stalking....these crop up in 'heart scenes' as you make friends with a character.

Pioneers of Olive Town is similar but 'more innocent' so less likely to be triggering and actually has an 'easy mode' for younger kids to be able to level up quicker, make more money quicker and things cost less so maybe less frustrating if a little is 6-10 yrs old and just wants to get the big house and lots of animals!

There's a charming side quest where you have to take photo's of all the wild animals you see then the person in the museum makes statues of them all and there's 'secret animals' to find like a baby wolf and a unicorn you can ride.

I think its now also out on PC and possibly available on Steam???
YunaTheSummoner
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 9:22 pm

Postby Pals » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:04 am

Slime rancher is a cute and silly game that, while it has a deeper story, it doesn't go into serious topics (if I remember correctly). The only thing I can think of that might be scary for littles are the tarr, but if you play on casual mode they are completely removed from the game altogether. (Plus they aren't that big of a threat either way)

AND you get to farm blobs of slimes which are absolutely adorable!
Pals
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri May 27, 2022 10:22 pm

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post