Our partner

What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby Arik » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:33 am

Are you still amazed by the details of your interworld? Are there facts that you don't know how your subconscious mind knew? What are among the most extraordinary situations you've encountered?
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby gremandco » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:22 pm

i don’t know if this is particularly ‘extraordinary’ but my existence as a whole is pretty interesting. so is AM’s.

i started off as a fragment from childhood holding a lot of memories of the periods of time when we lived with our unstable stepfather, who has/had a lot of anger due to his (at the time) untreated bipolar and borderline personality disorder. he’s a huge reason why we have such PTSD around (verbally) angry men. i don’t remember a lot outside of that, but i have a lot of childhood memories surrounding when we lived at his house, and from when we moved here. i think someone else is holding the more recent memories of him coming to live with us for a while, but i have some of those too.

i came into awareness when our cousin got very angry and broke a TV at one point, triggering us in a very confusing/complex way. i hold that memory now but we don’t really hold any animosity towards him for that event. we just think he needs therapy.

when i came into awareness, i also took on the form of a fictional anime character of a pretty recent source material, who’s primary trait is anger, and lived a similarly abusive life that we did, though i don’t really have any pseudomemories like a lot of introjects of fictional characters do.

i’ve created an area of the inner world that i live in that takes the traits of two elementary schools we went to as a child and kind of puts them together, which is very interesting to me, and kind of further proves my existence from childhood.

so while it’s bizarre and almost contradictory on the surface, technically i’m an anime introject we’ve had since childhood, even if the anime didn’t exist when we were that age. what makes it more interesting is around that time period, we were very obsessed with anime, and not only do i very much enjoy and love anime, i think it also kind of makes more sense that considering the time period i hold memories for and how much we loved anime at that time, i’ve taken on the form of an anime character.

kind of feels like a ‘we’ve come full circle’ thing almost. i think it’s kind of funny and very interesting how the brain works sometimes.

-kat

-- Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:24 pm --

i also forgot to mention that AM shares many traits with our birth father, who we lived with for a very short period of time very early in our childhood. i don’t know what caused him to come back and i don’t know what caused his fragmented self to take on the form of the character he looks like now, but it’s extremely fascinating to me personally.

-kat
name: manytown
age: 18
pronouns: he/they
member count: *???* known (10/10/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments, teef, D, kat
introduction thread blog journal
User avatar
gremandco
Consumer 5
Consumer 5
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:38 am
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby Arik » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:35 pm

kat wrote:when i came into awareness, i also took on the form of a fictional anime character of a pretty recent source material, who’s primary trait is anger, and lived a similarly abusive life that we did. . . .

In a way, that reminds me of Jeanette. I experienced trauma in my life, and she experienced trauma in the interworld. I was exchanging one trauma for another. However, it was easier for me to deal with her trauma than mine.

I don't think that's extraordinary for us.

kat wrote:i’ve created an area of the inner world that i live in that takes the traits of two elementary schools we went to as a child and kind of puts them together. . . .

Again, I think that's normal for us.

kat wrote:so while it’s bizarre and almost contradictory on the surface, technically i’m an anime introject we’ve had since childhood, even if the anime didn’t exist when we were that age.

I can relate to that as well.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby ConcealDontFeel » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:52 am

Arik wrote:Are there facts that you don't know how your subconscious mind knew?

I don't know if you can say subconscious when it's conscious in an alter, but, yes, we've had moments of shock when one alter thought everyone else knew a thing. She said the thing in therapy once to the T and the rest had their minds blown which then blew the mind of the alter that knew.

Arik wrote:What are among the most extraordinary situations you've encountered?

We're still very disturbed and overwhelmed that one of our littles ran us face first into a wall a few weeks ago with an audience. Thankfully we covered it as an accident, but it's still a lot to take in.
User avatar
ConcealDontFeel
Consumer 1
Consumer 1
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:34 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby Arik » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:19 pm

ConcealDontFeel wrote:I don't know if you can say subconscious when it's conscious in an alter, but, yes, we've had moments of shock when one alter thought everyone else knew a thing. She said the thing in therapy once to the T and the rest had their minds blown which then blew the mind of the alter that knew.

From my understanding, our system and interworld were created by the subconscious mind, not the conscious mind.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby Arik » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:38 pm

There's a lot more, but I'll refer to the most recent example to communicate. When I wrote what I remember about Samantha's funeral, The Gang replied:

TheGangsAllHere wrote:Also, are you talking about the weather on the real day, October 30 1993? Why would you necessarily "remember" a funeral that didn't really happen? That would be the way a person would usually talk about a real event that happened in their past--that they remembered the weather, but not the event itself. It's unusual to talk about a pseudomemory that way, since if you imagined it, why wouldn't you remember it?

I did not appreciate that bit of realism until The Gang pointed it out. I did not know that would be the way a person would talk about an actual event that happened in their past.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:09 pm

I meant "refer to" or "remember," rather than specifically "talk about."

And I'm confused. Don't you have examples of actual traumatic events from your past where you remember an incidental aspect of what happened rather than the specific trauma?

As an example, if someone was traumatized on their first day of school, they might remember getting ready in the morning--what outfit they put on, what they ate for breakfast, and maybe getting home on the school bus later, but details of the school day itself might be missing. Do you not have any real memories like that, where there are gaps in important information?

(Also, the term people commonly use is "inner world"--the world that exists only inside your head. People may become confused if you call it the "interworld.")

And sorry if I was too abrupt or blunt in how I phrased things.
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 am
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: What Experiences Have You Had That Blows Your Mind?

Postby Arik » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:44 pm

TheGangsAllHere wrote:And I'm confused. Don't you have examples of actual traumatic events from your past where you remember an incidental aspect of what happened rather than the specific trauma?

As an example, if someone was traumatized on their first day of school, they might remember getting ready in the morning--what outfit they put on, what they ate for breakfast, and maybe getting home on the school bus later, but details of the school day itself might be missing. Do you not have any real memories like that, where there are gaps in important information?

I remember both incidental aspects and the trauma. I forgot the date or even the year with some traumatic events, but my subconscious mind remembered.

TheGangsAllHere wrote:(Also, the term people commonly use is "inner world"--the world that exists only inside your head. People may become confused if you call it the "interworld.")

Inner world.
Arik
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:18 pm
Local time: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:54 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArbreMonde, Google Adsense [Bot] and 68 guests