Our partner

Hello

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Hello

Postby Gary128 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:10 pm

Hello I am Gary. I am new to this forum and have never posted to any before. It is quite nerve wracking but i would like to meet other people who have DID like me.

I have 128 alters, most of which are little. Some are curious about the things they missed out on like play and family and friends.

I have some alters that have different roles to keep my system safe.

I am an artist who has had exhibitions about my life and story. I like fishing. I like to keep fit and healthy and used to do martial arts and body building which i hope i can get back to doing when I feel a bit better.

I have been in therapy for nine years and have a great therapist and a good team around me.
Last edited by Snaga on Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to DID with a pointer to this post left in Member Introductions, no edits.
Gary128
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hello

Postby Snaga » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:15 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Your post can still be seen from Member Introductions, but I took the liberty of moving it directly to DID since it's common for systems to introduce themselves directly in the DID forum, that saves you a step.

Tell someone today you love them, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also confusing and terrifying.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:20 pm

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum! I read posts on the DID forum for months and then took the plunge and posted. I remember being very nervous about it, but people were very nice and supportive. This place has been a big help to me in my healing so far.

We have a lot of littles also. I don't know how many, but it does seem like most of us are littles, with a few middles and older teens.

the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:40 am

Hello there and welcome!

Congrats with your therapy work! It's difficult to find a therapist that is a good match and to stay with them for so long. You are doing great!

I hope you will have a nice time here!
__
Zamiel.
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion) or Daniel ♂ɸ (Zamiel + David)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:20 pm

Postby gremandco » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:29 am

welcome to the forum. we are also a large system. we don’t know the exact amount of alters, but we know we have 100+ and that we are polyfragmented. it can be pretty hard to keep up with. hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

-kat
name: manytown
pronouns: he/they
member count: *???* known (10/10/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments, teef, D, kat
introduction thread blog journal
gremandco
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Postby spinningtops » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:52 am

Hello Gary :)
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 pm

Postby Gary128 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm

thank you to everyone who welcomed me onboard

i do have some parts that are quite hostile and I'm just wondering how other people cope with hostile alters, particularly if they are acting out verbally towards friends and trying to break attachments as I was never allowed attachments as a child?
Gary128
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby ArbreMonde » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:26 am

It is a very difficult question.

Every part works towards the same goal: keeping yourself safe.

Like you said, it was not allowed to have attachment when you were younger. The hostile parts are trapped in the past, they still think it is absolutely necessary to break the attachment now to keep you safe.

Talking with the hostile parts about how to keep you safe in a present-day attachment (as opposed to the "no attachment policy" from the past) could be a nice start. Asking them what they fear will happen if they let you form attachment now. Digging deep into the core of their fear ("and then, what will happen? what do you want to protect me from?" etc.) then pointing out how "here and now" is different from "there and then". Discussing how new protection mechanisms can be worked with in order to keep you safely attached to safe people here and now. And so on.

It is a long work but it is worth it. It can be easier to find a therapist for this kind of things, the therapist can help you manage the strong emotions and keep you oriented in the "here and now".

Janina Fisher's book (Healing the fragmented selves of trauma survivors) gives examples on how to work with hostile parts if you want to have additional ressources. :)
__
Zamiel.
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion) or Daniel ♂ɸ (Zamiel + David)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:20 pm

Postby Zor » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums. There's a ton of good people and great information here. We're glad you found us. :)

-Angel
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Gary128 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:14 pm

HI Zamuel,

Thankyou for getting back to me, That's helpful and is what my therapist says to me alot! your reply helps me know that its not just my therapist saying it. Its hard to get that across to my alters as im nowhere near co-conscious yet. I find dealing with the humiliating aspect of what i went through so hard. I feel \i have no control of this so i end up being like a hermit stuck in my flat. Is this something others experience?

I'm guessing because your'e on this forum you will have been through your own difficult experiences. Im sorry I only can reply every other monday when I'M with my therapist but am working on this.
Gary128
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum