Our partner

introduction thread (we are new!)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

introduction thread (we are new!)

Postby gremandco » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:44 am

dear hello, we are manytown, also known as grem and co, and we're new to this forum. i just joined today to communicate with other systems and get support and coping mechanisms for my DID until i can get diagnosed :)

for my introduction, i am the host, grem. i am 18 years old (bodily). i am trans, my pronouns are they/them or it/its, (but i prefer not to use pronouns if i'm being honest. you could just use my name in place of any pronoun if you want to). i don't identify with/as the body, but i have been the host for the longest time. i believe i split at a life threatening situation when the body was 10 years old. i enjoy drawing, writing, music (listening to it and making it myself), anime, knitting and crochet, making friendship bracelets, true crime, and comedy is one of the most important things in my life, along with honesty. i enjoy watching tomska and other funny people on youtube in my spare time. i am also polyamorous and i have 4 partners whom i love very dearly.

we are a possibly polyfragmented system of 50-60+ known alters, though the current suspicion for how many alters we have goes between 90-100 alters. i don't think any other alters will say anything in this post specifically, i feel like i am the only one at front right now, but if anyone else wants to make an introduction i think they would be fine to make another post under this one introducing themselves individually.

we are also autistic and ADHD, and i have a special interest in eddsworld, a british web-cartoon i've grown up with. i have introjects from eddsworld, and some other sources as well, though considering how much they've grown over the years you probably wouldn't notice they were introjects unless they told you.

i discovered my system around july 29th of 2018, almost 3 years ago now. mostly through internet blogs and learning about DIDOSDD through them and people's personal experiences with it, as well as through personal further research outside of that. we started figuring ourselves out from there in system spaces on places like discord and tumblr, learning about some of our trauma and figuring out that we have CPTSD from the things we went through in our childhood and teen years, and what we're still going through now, even.

we are now working on saving up to move away from our abusive family so that we can finally, /really/ start our recovery journey, as well as our transition, (we want to go on testosterone).

so that's all about us and my system, manytown. i hope we will have a good time in this forum and learn to help ourselves a little better.

grem (host)
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: introduction thread (we are new!)

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:42 pm

Hi gremandco!

Welcome to the forum!

--the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:01 am

Postby Truly_happy » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:08 am

Welcome! :mrgreen:

I really like that introduction. Very detailed and informative. I enjoy your energy. Anyway, we're so glad to have you here! :D

- Marcella, Imre and the rest of the Neighborhood

PS: We crochet, too. :wink:
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Re: intro thread - teef

Postby gremandco » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:06 am

well, i started writing an introduction for myself, but it got deleted, so i'm going to try again. 8)

my name is teef. it's not my real name, it's a nickname. i'm an older/slightly different version of another alter named teeb, (that's also a nickname). don't want to give out my real name, so you can just call me teef. i'm in my 40s, but i'm an age slider between 30s and 40s, generally middle-aged adult. i'm male, he/him. semi-human, with the ability to transform into some big huge monster when i'm pissed. i'm dating our gatekeeper and protector, rell, too.

my role in the headspace has kind of shifted over time, mildly. i think i'm some kind of protector, and my role as a sexual alter has kind of been established since the beginning, but i don't think i'm entirely a sexual protector. fortunately, we haven't really needed to find out. in the headspace, i have the ability to create structures and generally alter its appearance, which is a neat ability. i created our fronting room back in 2019-2020 i think, since we had a certain spot we went to when fronting, i decided to make it a little more comfortable, and now it's kind of a nice little central hub for the headspace. i don't know if that affects my role, though.

the music genres i like a lot are rock music of any kind, alternative, classic, emo, etc. i don't generally like pop-rock though. i also enjoy punk, and very much enjoy ska, and ska-punk is great. i also enjoy hyper-pop, but i wouldn't look that up if you're sensitive to loud noises, dubstep, techno, hyper and very energetic music, and similar genres, or don't enjoy heavily autotuned voices.

in my spare time i like drawing and writing, listening to loud music, especially loud rock, and i like watching youtube video essays. i really like true crime, internet mysteries and similar stuff, and youtubers like elanor neale, shrouded hand, nightdocs, mamamax, reignbot and similar channels are really good for this kind of content. i like horror and dark stuff in general, really. wish i could front more and have the focus to watch more horror movies and such. i also enjoy starkid musicals. they're a channel on youtube that does some great comedic musicals and uploads them to youtube where you can watch them for free. highly recommend "the guy who didn't like musicals", and it's sequel "black friday".

and that's a pretty detailed introduction for myself. i didn't really know what to put, so i kind of put just everything, save for my appearance,which i can put an image of at the end of this post. i did the drawing myself, and no, i cannot take the collar off.

other than that, i don't have much else to say about myself.

-teef
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Re: introduction thread: My Name is Nobody

Postby gremandco » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:18 pm

My name is Nobody or D for short.

I am making this introduction to try and communicate better. I do not like talking to people outside of the system. I barely interact with the system. It is very difficult for me to talk about myself and for me to talk to other people as myself. I often do not tell people I am fronting, or I will not give them my name if I feel it is important that they know I am not the host. I feel a little more comfortable to leave a message here than anywhere else at the moment because this place seems small and quiet. Relaxed. Anonymous. It feels safer than other parts of the internet we're known to hang around.

I am an adult in the system. I don't really have an exact age. Male adjacent, he/him. I don't want to give out much of a description of myself physically. I prefer to be quiet and sit in the background. I don't like fronting very much, but I have been doing it lately. I don't like interacting with our family. I don't like the day time or bright lights. I prefer darkness, cold air and I prefer being alone. Surprisingly, I don't enjoy the quiet all that much. I like to drown out silence with loud music. My playlist includes a lot of loud rock, metal, goth, grunge and similar genres.

I don't really know what my role within the system is. I live in the city, deep inside of it, in the worst parts. I see the other alters and fragments who are still at terrible places, always terrified or destructive to themselves and everyone around them. They are the ones who have managed to escape the black room. They don't front very often, if at all. I don't think that Rell will let them.

If I had a role, I think it would be to feel sadness. Loneliness. Sorrow. A sense of being alone in a crowded room. Like you don't belong anywhere. I don't really know what I am anymore. I split into this system with a purpose, with feeling, back in 2020, but now that has all diminished over time. I am trying to find myself in this mess of a broken consciousness but it is difficult. I am trying to talk myself out of constantly trying to be a certain way, to try and let go of everything and it's not been easy. I am trying to find things that I enjoy, and I have.

I seem to enjoy horror and true crime. I don't know why but horror as a genre is the only thing that has so far given me a sense of belonging and understanding. Peeling back its layers to understand what the story is really about gives me comfort in the fact that people feel the same way that I do, and they have managed to find a way to portray how terrifying that it can be.

I am looking forwards to try and find more things I like, and find people that I can talk to here.

-D
name: manytown
pronouns: he/they
member count: 60+ known (6/25/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments (18), teef (40), D (adult), kat (16)
introduction thread blog journal
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby KitMcDaydream » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi grem, teef and D

Nice to meet you all! I am Jody. I don't think our system has a 'system name'...not sure not heard anyone mention it.

We all tend to be very separate from each other as the ANP hosts up front for busiest parts of life had no idea they were others.

Only these last few years we've found out about each other and come together in a more co-operative way.
Body - 50+ female
Psych Board team - Kit (host, f, h), Jody (19 f, h), Phoenix (12 gn ch), Bobby (10, gn, h) Susie (6 f, h)
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:01 am
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Truly_happy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:51 pm

Hi, guys!

I don't know how I missed Teef's intro back in June, but I'm glad I got to read it now! It's nice to meet both of you. I'm so glad you had the courage to introduce yourselves.

Anyway, I hope you and the rest of Manytown grow comfortable here on PF. We strive to keep this place safe and friendly. :)

- Marcella
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gremandco » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:04 am

KitMcDaydream wrote:Hi grem, teef and D

Nice to meet you all! I am Jody. I don't think our system has a 'system name'...not sure not heard anyone mention it.

We all tend to be very separate from each other as the ANP hosts up front for busiest parts of life had no idea they were others.

Only these last few years we've found out about each other and come together in a more co-operative way.
Truly_happy wrote:Hi, guys!

I don't know how I missed Teef's intro back in June, but I'm glad I got to read it now! It's nice to meet both of you. I'm so glad you had the courage to introduce yourselves.

Anyway, I hope you and the rest of Manytown grow comfortable here on PF. We strive to keep this place safe and friendly. :)

- Marcella

hi to both of you, it's teef here responding. thanks for the warm welcome, it's been really nice here so far on PF, and personally i think it's just the place that D would need to be more comfortable around people. he and i are very good friends and hang out a lot in the headspace. we're pretty often co-conscious, and i can kind of feel him getting closer to the front as i'm talking about him, that's something he does a lot, but i digress.

we're also in a similar way over here, we're only about 3 years into our "journey" if you want to call it that. we've gone through quite a few system names before settling onto this one. i think it's alright, suits the vibe of the inner world a lot i think, considering a lot of it takes on the vibe of a small town or a neighborhood. grem says it reminds him of an RPG or something and he's not far off with that vibe.

-teef and partially D
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Re: Introduction Thread: Grem II

Postby gremandco » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:30 pm

Hi. I am a fragment of the host, Grem. I'm still figuring out how I want to type, haha.

i think i prefer typing like this though.

anyways.

i'm Grem II. i figured out i existed earlier today during a discussion with some other DID friends we have and it kind of slapped me in the face that i'm not grem (host), but i'm Grem II instead. or at least that's what i've named myself. i don't know how many emotions i can feel. i don't know when i formed or why. i don't really know why i'm here but i know i'm fronting, i have most if not all of grem's memories to share, and i like they/them pronouns. i think i might be taller than grem too, in the inner world.

i thought i would introduce myself here since i remembered this is a pretty neat safe space to talk about this sort of thing. i wonder if anyone else has any similar experiences with having repeats of the host(s). for reference, we're fairly sure we are a polyfragmented system, and in a polyfragmented system it makes sense to me that there would be more than one host or more than one version of the host.

anyways.

i look like grem, but i feel taller. i have the long brown hair, the black eyes, the sweater and everything. i feel pretty monotonous. i think i'm pretty good at faking emotions or giving the appearance that i am grem (host) or that i have the personality that grem (host) does when so far i'm pretty sure i don't. i feel a little more logical i think, but i dunno. we'll just have to wait and see.

nice to talk about myself though and get that stuff out. :)

-Grem II
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:29 am

It's an interesting idea to think about! We don't seem to have a host. There's more like a "container" or "shell" or "entryway" person, into whom everyone else steps. So it always feels like "I'm" in the front, but who "I" am changes depending on who's in front, and the changes can be very subtle.

Anyway, hello, Grem II!
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:01 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post