Our partner

introduction thread (we are new!)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: Snaga, NewSunRising, lilyfairy

Re: introduction thread (we are new!)

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 am

Hello there !

We do not really have a specific "host" lately, we just take turns according to who wants to do what or who can best do what.

We do have a "social mask" though that we use when interacting with people we do not want them to know we are DID. Friends who know we are DID we do not use the social mask with them.

ANYWAY !

It's nice to see that your system gets better at figuring things out ! ^_^ Keep going you are doing awesome work !

__
Theia@Urielles
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion & trauma holder)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Truly_happy » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi, Grem II! So glad you became self-aware. :mrgreen:

Yes, we have had the same thing happen to us where there were seemingly different versions of the host. Turns out it wasn't just our old host who had different versions, but a lot of alters had them! (We've labeled these as "alter types", but you may use whatever terminology you prefer.) Yep, we've had Jada types, Wilbur types, Pip types, Axel types, Gretchen types ... the list goes on and on! Turns out these people shared similar trauma. Maybe you and Grem I are like that? Who knows!

I'd like to say that we are kind of like what Gang speaks of as having a kind of "shell" which we step into, though I could never understand this as being an alter itself. Weird concept for me. It does keep us from experiencing amnesia, though, although I've seen in the past that alters can sort of "knock-out" the shell and cause amnesia that way. I've banned this behavior, of course. :roll:

Anyway, glad you felt comfortable posting here. :D Welcome!

- Marcella
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:27 pm

Postby KitMcDaydream » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:01 am

TheGangsAllHere wrote:It's an interesting idea to think about! We don't seem to have a host. There's more like a "container" or "shell" or "entryway" person, into whom everyone else steps. So it always feels like "I'm" in the front, but who "I" am changes depending on who's in front, and the changes can be very subtle.

Anyway, hello, Grem II!

That's kinda how we used to work when the body had to go to school and work etc.

Now we're mostly alone we (adults) just come out separately at home unless we have to deal with an outsider who's expecting a specific version of what they know as 'the personality of the body'. I guess you would call it a 'social mask'

Littles have to co-host with an adult just incase anyone should knock on the door unexpectedly or in case neighbours are in their garden when we have to let our dog out. It makes switching faster and less exhausting.

Jody

-- Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:07 am --

gremandco wrote:Hi. I am a fragment of the host, Grem. I'm still figuring out how I want to type, haha.

i think i prefer typing like this though.

anyways.

i'm Grem II. i figured out i existed earlier today during a discussion with some other DID friends we have and it kind of slapped me in the face that i'm not grem (host), but i'm Grem II instead. or at least that's what i've named myself. i don't know how many emotions i can feel. i don't know when i formed or why. i don't really know why i'm here but i know i'm fronting, i have most if not all of grem's memories to share, and i like they/them pronouns. i think i might be taller than grem too, in the inner world.

i thought i would introduce myself here since i remembered this is a pretty neat safe space to talk about this sort of thing. i wonder if anyone else has any similar experiences with having repeats of the host(s). for reference, we're fairly sure we are a polyfragmented system, and in a polyfragmented system it makes sense to me that there would be more than one host or more than one version of the host.

anyways.

i look like grem, but i feel taller. i have the long brown hair, the black eyes, the sweater and everything. i feel pretty monotonous. i think i'm pretty good at faking emotions or giving the appearance that i am grem (host) or that i have the personality that grem (host) does when so far i'm pretty sure i don't. i feel a little more logical i think, but i dunno. we'll just have to wait and see.

nice to talk about myself though and get that stuff out. :)

-Grem II

Hello Grem II :D

I have darker shorter curly hair than the host body and am shorter height wise. so I kind of like been a bit taller and having longer straighter hair for a change!! My hair is difficult to do anything with, without needing to spend hours straightening it out first, so I just pretend I'm wearing a wig when I'm up front and have fun with hair and make-up!! :lol:

Jody
Body - 50+ female
Psych Board team - Kit (host, f, h), Jody (19 f, h), Phoenix (12 gn ch), Bobby (10, gn, h) Susie (6 f, h)
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Truly_happy » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:18 pm

@ Jody - That's a good idea about only letting littles front with adult alters present. I wish we had the same idea the day a 12-year-old ended up driving us to work. XP (She did an excellent job, at least.)

- Imre
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gremandco » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 pm

hi!! i left an introduction on our journal already and it was really long, so i'm going to try and keep this one nice and short and sweet :>

my name is sue and i'm 15. i'm new, i don't know when i split or why really, but i'm here now :>

i really like frogs, sweet stuff, water/humidity/rain/etc. my favorite color is green, and i don't think i have a favorite food yet or anything other than just liking sweet stuff in general. i also kind of like rock/metal music. i thought it was too aggressive at first, but kat was listening to it and i'm starting to come around to it. a rock/metal song i like is called "what" by rob zombie. one i think is funny is "break stuff" by limp bizkit.

i don't like bitter things. i also don't like the cold and i hate liars and lying. i only lie when its necessary, like masking as the host, who i haven't met yet because kat says we're in a "side system" or something.

my personality is blunt and honest, as well as cheerful and (i hope) approachable. i like to say what's on my mind all the time, i hate lying, and i like to be cheerful and optimistic. i also like to be nice, despite being blunt and honest. i don't like being mean or rude, at least i try not to be intentionally. i also try to keep myself approachable because i don't wanna scare off potential friends or anything like that.

my gender is, as i described in our journal, "one part girl, two parts other stuff". i describe myself as "girl shaped" but also "frog shaped" and "friend shaped"--which is what that "other stuff" is. my pronouns are she/her and they/them, but i don't have a preference for either one, you can use whichever one you want.

my sexuality could be described as bi or pan, but i think i have more of a preference for girls. i don't mind the idea of being with a guy though.

kat says he and i are in some kind of side system, and we're kind of in this black space where we can't really see each other, but we can communicate with each other pretty well so that's good at least. i think it's just too dark to see either of us or something. it's super weird. i wonder if we can create something though, i've heard that's something you can do, but i don't know if i have that ability. it would be cool if i did though.

either way, that's my introduction!! i hope you guys like it :>

-sue
name: manytown
pronouns: he/they
member count: 60+ known (6/25/21)
frequent fronters: grem/fragments (18), teef (40), D (adult), kat (16)
introduction thread blog journal
gremandco
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:42 am

Hello and welcome!

If you want to have a gender label that is more specific and could match what you describe, maybe "nanogirl" or "demigirl" could be interesting suggestions.

Usually anyone can create stuff in the Innerworld, though some Innerworlds have specific rules for that. Depends. Some work with simply visualizing what you want to create, others need to use specific tools or magic spells or other things.

Anyway I guess it's worth a shot?

See you around!
__
Urielles and G/Hosties.
Key: ♂ he/him | ♀ she/her | ɸ they/them

Social: Zamiel ɸ (complex fusion & trauma holder)
Self-care: David ♂
Managers: The Mirror ♂ (inner self-helper) - Isaïa ♂ ("trauma-sitter") - Theia ♀ (gatekeeper)
Trauma holders: Pride|Wrath ♂ - Lust ♀ - Reyna ♀ - Ulysses ɸ

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 pm

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views