Our partner

Drawing Insiders (Any suggestions to make it easier?)

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Drawing Insiders (Any suggestions to make it easier?)

Postby Ponyta » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:25 am

We have been wanting to draw pictures of each other for quite some time now. I managed to draw some of them, but I'm not the best artist. At least, I don't think so. It is hard for me to draw certain things.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of any apps, etc., that would help make drawing our insiders easier?

A lot of them that I was trying to draw are human, but I do also want to draw the non-human ones soon too.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)
There are A LOT of us: 140+.

Emma (host)
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Drawing Insiders (Any suggestions to make it easier?)

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:24 am

There is the blog "how to think when you draw" that is very useful! Also exists in books but well, you have lots of free tutorials in the blog. http://theetheringtonbrothers.blogspot. ... -draw.html

__
Urielles.
Autistic, DID

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active alter {sub-system or fusion} :

Urielles {Uriel|Theia|Saul|Wolf(?)} -- {G/Hosts} -- {Zami} -- Envy -- X/David/Solomon/Scar -- Ulysses -- {Isaïa|Reyna} -- Mirror {Aragorn|Sherlock Holmes|...} -- {Pride|Wrath} -- Trisha -- Lust -- Hohenheim/Theo

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Postby birdsong87 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:56 am

we searched online for faces that look similar to what we want. when you work with a tablet you can lay a piece of paper on top and trace it to get the rough outlines, maybe even just of parts that are extra tricky. drawing from an actual picture is a lot easier. especially if you turn it into a black&white picture.
have you ever tried picrew character makers? we had a lot of fun with those too.
Dx: DID cPTSD
L (host 1); Asti (host 2); Annett (teen protector); Maya (child); Age (observer); Thamara (child); Danielle (aut. teen); Mike (caregiver) and others
Our blog on resources https://www.dis-sos.com
birdsong87
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Postby Truly_happy » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:21 pm

If you use Android, the Google Play store has lots of free apps for making "avatars". Most are for humans, but some are for wolves, dragons, etc. We love Gen8's "Anime Face Maker GO Free". Okay, so probably you don't look like anime/manga drawings as we do, but it still has a LOT of options! :D

I agree with Birdsong. Using images of real people make it a lot easier. We use pixabay.com and morguefile.com for that.

Best wishes for your drawing and stuff. Depicting insiders has been very fun and helpful for us!

- the Neighborhood
We are the Neighborhood, a DID system of over 30 people.
Hosts:
Imre ("EEM-ruh") - male, 20s, compassionate
Cullen - male, 13, loves life
Marcella - female, 30s, visionary

Threads | Journal
Truly_happy
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:58 am

Postby Ponyta » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:00 am

Thank you Urielles, birdsong87, and the Neighborhood! We greatly appreciate the information! :)

Emma (host)
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:28 am

if you have an iPad you can get some apps that allow you to trace from a photograph. I think most that you trace onto the screen will be free. (though you could then print the outline into another piece of paper to work from)

Some they can project the image onto another piece of paper, we use this to transfer images to watercolour paper but you will probably have to pay for those apps.

We have the OSMO app for the littles just for the "masterpiece' app (projecting drawn/images) and the Tangram game (for Bobby who loves anything like that) but you can probably find cheaper Art/drawing apps that have a 'trace' function

Jody
Body - 50+ female
Psych Board team - Jody (19 f, h), Phoenix (12 gn ch), Susie (6 f, h)
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:58 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ponyta » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:01 am

Thank you, Jody! We greatly appreciate your reply! :)

Emma (host)
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post