Our partner

Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Terrys » Sat May 08, 2021 1:39 am

Hi everyone! I was told I have DID back in October last year. I'm still not sure what the cause was. I've actually got decent communication going, and I'm pretty proud of that.

I know some of us. Which leads to my question, is it socially acceptable for them to post as themselves here? Most of why I got diagnosed is they were tired of hiding.

I worry about it, and they do to, because one of them isn't...normal. She thinks shes a goddess of nightmares.
Terrys
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)


ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Ponyta » Sat May 08, 2021 5:18 am

Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

A lot of us (me and the other insiders) take turns posting on here. All of you are welcome to post too. We can relate to being tired of hiding.

If it is something distressing though that might trigger others (like past trauma mentions, or something scary), it is good to have a trigger warning before that part of the post.
There are A LOT of us: 140+.

Emma (host)
User avatar
Ponyta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:50 am
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby ArbreMonde » Sat May 08, 2021 6:45 am

Terrys wrote:Hi everyone! I was told I have DID back in October last year. I'm still not sure what the cause was.


Anything that required you to dissociate most of the time in order to deal with it. Could be constant sensory overload (especially for autistic people), stressful environment, not enough emotional support compared to your needs, school bullying... it does not have to be worthy of TV news to cause DID!

Terrys wrote:I've actually got decent communication going, and I'm pretty proud of that.


You can be! Yay you!

Terrys wrote:is it socially acceptable for them to post as themselves here?


Yes it is! One forum account for the whole system, and each of you can sign your own posts separately!

Terrys wrote:I worry about it, and they do to, because one of them isn't...normal. She thinks shes a goddess of nightmares.


Most of us in here are fictive introjections (copies of fictional characters). One of us is a mythical beast (a qilin) and I'm an angel/dryad/faun/nymph.

As long as she understands that her divinity and powers exist only within the Innerworld of the system and do not apply to the outer world, she's good to post on the forums IMO!

Welcome, all of you!

__
Urielle.
Autistic, DID

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active alter {sub-system or fusion} :

Urielles {Uriel|Theia|Saul|Wolf(?)} -- {G/Hosts} -- {Zami} -- Envy -- X/David/Solomon/Scar -- Ulysses -- {Isaïa|Reyna} -- Mirror {Aragorn|Sherlock Holmes|...} -- {Pride|Wrath} -- Trisha -- Lust -- Hohenheim/Theo

Journey thread
User avatar
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:28 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi

We have non-human alters and fictive introjects,though ours tend to be based on people important to the host ,but who passed away. We have had TV personalities and pop stars in the past though.
Body - 50+ female
Psych Board team - Jody (19 f, h), Phoenix (12 gn ch), Susie (6 f, h)
User avatar
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Sun May 09, 2021 4:26 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Besides with our T, this forum is the only place we can be less hidden. Our teens and littles have friends on the specific threads for them, and that has helped them a lot. Sometimes we only know how one of them is feeling because they posted about it.

And the bigs get a lot of support here, too.

Anyway, welcome!

—the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 4162
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:15 am
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Terrys » Tue May 11, 2021 3:49 am

TheGangsAllHere wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

Besides with our T, this forum is the only place we can be less hidden. Our teens and littles have friends on the specific threads for them, and that has helped them a lot. Sometimes we only know how one of them is feeling because they posted about it.

And the bigs get a lot of support here, too.

Anyway, welcome!

—the Gang


ya, we can be open with our husband, but we hide it all the rest of the time, and some of us need somewhere we can vent without putting all that pressure on him.

I was diagnosed but left to fend for myself because there are no therapists up here covered by medical for DID.
Terrys
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Terrys » Tue May 11, 2021 3:50 am

KitMcDaydream wrote:Hi

We have non-human alters and fictive introjects,though ours tend to be based on people important to the host ,but who passed away. We have had TV personalities and pop stars in the past though.


that's really neat, we've always been the same, it never changed as we got older and we've always been here.
Terrys
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Terrys » Tue May 11, 2021 3:52 am

ArbreMonde wrote:
Terrys wrote:Hi everyone! I was told I have DID back in October last year. I'm still not sure what the cause was.


Anything that required you to dissociate most of the time in order to deal with it. Could be constant sensory overload (especially for autistic people), stressful environment, not enough emotional support compared to your needs, school bullying... it does not have to be worthy of TV news to cause DID!

Terrys wrote:I've actually got decent communication going, and I'm pretty proud of that.


You can be! Yay you!

Terrys wrote:is it socially acceptable for them to post as themselves here?


Yes it is! One forum account for the whole system, and each of you can sign your own posts separately!

Terrys wrote:I worry about it, and they do to, because one of them isn't...normal. She thinks shes a goddess of nightmares.


Most of us in here are fictive introjections (copies of fictional characters). One of us is a mythical beast (a qilin) and I'm an angel/dryad/faun/nymph.

As long as she understands that her divinity and powers exist only within the Innerworld of the system and do not apply to the outer world, she's good to post on the forums IMO!

Welcome, all of you!

__
Urielle.


yes, she does understand that she has no powers over anyone but us. She's got real big emotions though, and often blows up.
Terrys
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby Terrys » Tue May 11, 2021 3:53 am

Ponyta wrote:Hello, welcome to the forum! :)

A lot of us (me and the other insiders) take turns posting on here. All of you are welcome to post too. We can relate to being tired of hiding.

If it is something distressing though that might trigger others (like past trauma mentions, or something scary), it is good to have a trigger warning before that part of the post.


I would, its very hurtful to just be surprised with something that stirs up memories.
Terrys
Consumer 0
Consumer 0
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:44 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Hello. I'm kinda new here, and figured I'd introduce us all

Postby KitMcDaydream » Tue May 11, 2021 9:51 am

Terrys wrote:
KitMcDaydream wrote:Hi

We have non-human alters and fictive introjects,though ours tend to be based on people important to the host ,but who passed away. We have had TV personalities and pop stars in the past though.


that's really neat, we've always been the same, it never changed as we got older and we've always been here.



Ours have always been there but they change form. We have a tribe of 'changelings' on the inside. In their natural form they look like a white spirit figure but they can change into any form. When the host was very young they would present as whoever she had an obsession with (as we have an autistic system) to communicate and play with her. So they have gone from being the 'bionic man' to supergirl to Aslan the talking lion and Vulcans from Star Trek!! :D One in particular (Phoenix) chose to stay in human form as the original child's companion so she always had a friend her own age on the inside.

Now the host is adult most of the changelings act as 'fragments' and just come out to do a specific job then go back, some take on the role of full time introjects for the host. Her needs now at this time in her life is introjects of passed loved ones (people and pets) except for a few favourite vulcans who are still with us!! (because one of the more autistic alters refuses to work with anyone else other than Vulcans due to them being highly logical!)
Body - 50+ female
Psych Board team - Jody (19 f, h), Phoenix (12 gn ch), Susie (6 f, h)
User avatar
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm
Local time: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum




  • Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dwelt, KitMcDaydream, littleDaria, Truly_happy and 72 guests