Our partner

Strugling to come to terms

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Strugling to come to terms

Postby TheHiveMind » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:31 pm

It does help. However I'm left feeling lost and lonely because the situation between ume/us and my SO is unique. I know everyone here is only giving advice based on their own experances and I am glad for it. But I just doesnt work for me.

Only reason I have as SO is because he offered to be an unofficial therapist for me online. Things went from there and we developed a relashionship. It wasnt planned by any means. He knew the deepest parts of me before he became a SO. Hence why I struggle to understand what everyone is saying.
Yes he does have theripest training and does it on the side of his job. He isnt just some quack online.
Syra
Multiple System
Hosts: Syra/Nobody (any)
Others: Raven (he/him) Lou - little (she/her)
Persecuter: Shadow (he/him)
TheHiveMind
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Autistic, DID

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active alter {sub-system or fusion} :

Urielles {Uriel|Theia|Saul|Wolf(?)} -- {G/Hosts} -- {Zami} -- Envy -- X/David/Solomon/Scar -- Ulysses -- {Isaïa|Reyna} -- Mirror {Aragorn|Sherlock Holmes|...} -- {Pride|Wrath} -- Trisha -- Lust -- Hohenheim/Theo

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:45 pm

Postby Dwelt » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:37 pm

TheHiveMind wrote:Only reason I have as SO is because he offered to be an unofficial therapist for me online. Things went from there and we developed a relashionship. It wasnt planned by any means. He knew the deepest parts of me before he became a SO. Hence why I struggle to understand what everyone is saying.
Yes he does have theripest training and does it on the side of his job. He isnt just some quack online.
Syra

It's not only a matter of experiences. It's against the ethic for a therapist to be involved either as a friend or a partner with a patient - and I speak here as a psychologist in training.

As a friend, it can be tolerated if the T refers the person to someone else and is no longer their therapist, not even unofficially.

As a partner, a SO, you just don't do it, specially while the person is in therapy with you.

It's in the APA's Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct :
3.05 Multiple Relationships

(a) A multiple relationship occurs when a psychologist is in a professional role with a person and (1) at the same time is in another role with the same person, (2) at the same time is in a relationship with a person closely associated with or related to the person with whom the psychologist has the professional relationship, or (3) promises to enter into another relationship in the future with the person or a person closely associated with or related to the person.

A psychologist refrains from entering into a multiple relationship if the multiple relationship could reasonably be expected to impair the psychologist's objectivity, competence, or effectiveness in performing his or her functions as a psychologist, or otherwise risks exploitation or harm to the person with whom the professional relationship exists.

Multiple relationships that would not reasonably be expected to cause impairment or risk exploitation or harm are not unethical.

[...]
10.05 Sexual Intimacies with Current Therapy Clients/Patients
Psychologists do not engage in sexual intimacies with current therapy clients/patients.

[...]
10.08 Sexual Intimacies with Former Therapy Clients/Patients
(a) Psychologists do not engage in sexual intimacies with former clients/patients for at least two years after cessation or termination of therapy.

(b) Psychologists do not engage in sexual intimacies with former clients/patients even after a two-year interval except in the most unusual circumstances. Psychologists who engage in such activity after the two years following cessation or termination of therapy and of having no sexual contact with the former client/patient bear the burden of demonstrating that there has been no exploitation, in light of all relevant factors, including (1) the amount of time that has passed since therapy terminated; (2) the nature, duration, and intensity of the therapy; (3) the circumstances of termination; (4) the client's/patient's personal history; (5) the client's/patient's current mental status; (6) the likelihood of adverse impact on the client/patient; and (7) any statements or actions made by the therapist during the course of therapy suggesting or inviting the possibility of a posttermination sexual or romantic relationship with the client/patient.

https://www.apa.org/ethics/code
The ones in charge : Plume (Plume+Lea) | Alix | Daemon
Main group : Claude | Kal | Erdian

Littles : Nathan | Nicolas | Linda | Ethan

Fragments : Cassandra | Varegh| Eric | Jean | Emma | Lydia
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheHiveMind » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:59 pm

To add it's because he suggested I find another therapist or some sort of help that I'm here in the first place.
Multiple System
TheHiveMind
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby TheHiveMind » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am

Come to the conclusion I'm making it up because I'm stressed and having a psychotic epesode. Always have been dramatic. Sorry to waste people time on here and for mudding the waters.
Multiple System
TheHiveMind
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby TheHiveMind » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:06 pm

I just killed one of my alters. They are gone, we fuzed. I started acting like them and it wasnt them. I cant find them.
Now I'm told I'm not me because I'm 2 different alters. But I'm me. Someone hates me now because I killed off the alter they were in love with.
Multiple System
TheHiveMind
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby littleDaria » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:04 pm

um, you killed one of your insiders? we're not sure that's possible, could they be dormant?
OSSD, PTSD, ASD The Collective | Host: Daria
Aloysius ?, Pixie ?, Tee 3, Closet Girl 3 1/2, Mouse 5, Ghost ?, Bones 5, Bedroom Girl ?, School Girl ?, Alia 6, Ophelia 8, Marianetta age slider, Willow 10, Kitty 11, Mal 12, Aria 12, Simone 14, Rowan 15, Dennis 16, Naomi 17, The Mocking Voice, Long Armed Monsters
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:45 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:39 am

Fusion can be confusing. But no alter can be "killed" even through fusion.

Yet it sure is confusing and frustrating when the one you love ends up fusing with another alter.

Take your time finding a new balance. And remember, it is nobody's fault. Fusion sometimes happen even when not wanted, just because the mind was ready to do it. Yet, what is done can also be undone.

Take your time. Talk it out with your headmates. It is not a bad thing even if it is not a good thing. It just happens.

Take a deep breath. A new balance can be found.

Good luck.

__
David.
Autistic, DID

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active alter {sub-system or fusion} :

Urielles {Uriel|Theia|Saul|Wolf(?)} -- {G/Hosts} -- {Zami} -- Envy -- X/David/Solomon/Scar -- Ulysses -- {Isaïa|Reyna} -- Mirror {Aragorn|Sherlock Holmes|...} -- {Pride|Wrath} -- Trisha -- Lust -- Hohenheim/Theo

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby TheHiveMind » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:20 am

Boi was the best of us. Now I'm the resalt and its shameful. If I'm a cross of syra and boi I dont want it. I'm not strong or happy. I'm nothing. I dont understand it, I dont understand anything. Why did it happen at this time. I know syra wanted to keep boi safe from the partner. But why did it end like this. Am I even a cross. I dont know, I dont know. People tell me how it is and should be but is that the truth. Is everyone lying. I don't know, I dont know
Multiple System
TheHiveMind
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby littleDaria » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm

some time ago we had a fusion (?)) of insiders, Simon and Snow/Mona. it happened rather unexpectedly and took time to get used to Simone because she is so different from them
OSSD, PTSD, ASD The Collective | Host: Daria
Aloysius ?, Pixie ?, Tee 3, Closet Girl 3 1/2, Mouse 5, Ghost ?, Bones 5, Bedroom Girl ?, School Girl ?, Alia 6, Ophelia 8, Marianetta age slider, Willow 10, Kitty 11, Mal 12, Aria 12, Simone 14, Rowan 15, Dennis 16, Naomi 17, The Mocking Voice, Long Armed Monsters
littleDaria
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post