Our partner

How to develop a healthy daily structure

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

How to develop a healthy daily structure

Postby bellic007 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:34 pm

I am working in creating a routine that is accepted by all parts of me.I don't want to be so unstructured as it causes me more and more disappoinments daily.I have no clear idea about how to spend time.But I like to organize everything I tried to develop some basic tasks that i am doing daily and tried to analyse what makes me more stressfull to complete and all
.generally my life is so unstructured and it not good for my recovery I think..
Any experiances about developing a routine?
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How to develop a healthy daily structure

Postby Amythyst » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:12 pm

we dont really have any suggestions but we kinda need this here too

viola
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:40 am

Postby Dwelt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Since we're off the university now, in order to focus more on our therapy, we had to learn how to structure our days and weeks... and it was interesting x) After a lot of trying, we came with this :

First thing we did is listing the basic and vital tasks that need to be done, and when : eating, showering, feeding the cat, going to sleep. When we're in crisis, we sometimes can't do everything, but we really try our best.

Then, the important daily tasks, but not vital - the ones that can be reported if our energy level is too low : doing the dishes, brushing the cat, checking on the websites we're admin on.

After that, there's the weekly tasks : cleaning the apartment, translating/writing an article for one of our website, working on the illustrations and planning a team-meeting for another website, reading "university" books/working on online courses we subscribed at.

And finally, the hobbies of everyone : playing piano, drawing, the coloring book, making origami, etc.

After a lot of trying, we identified how many tasks we were able to do after the vital ones and non-vital ones were done, and organized our week around that. Usually we're able to do three tasks, except when we have an appointment or have to clean the apartment, then it's only one or two (or none, if we're exhausted).

This way, we have created a basic simple structure we can adapt if needed, and each day has its own specific group of activities. We know Monday is entirely about drawing as a hobby and reading, Tuesday is about posting a new article on a website and drawing for the other one, Wednesday is for cleaning the apartment, etc. Having different activities depending on what day it is helps a lot with our poor sense of time.

One thing we're still learning is to stick by our list and not do too many things when we have a higher energy level, to not exhaust ourselves.

Doing a bullet journal can really help to set a daily/weekly/monthly routine. The advantage of it is as you write everything, you can see what's working, what's not working and adapt the routine you're trying to settle. The key is to listen to yourself and not try too much to force a routine that doesn't work.

You can also search for "mental health" or "therapeutic" bullet journal, to find ideas on how tracking symptoms, energy level, mood, habits, and a lot of others things.

Two things to note :
-> It can take a lot of time before the bullet journal become a habit. It took us two years before everyone in the system get used to it. It's normal, the important thing is to not let down !

-> You will not always be able to meet every expectation you set. The bullet journal shouldn't be a way to make you feel bad about yourself, you need to learn to be gentle with yourself, and to be real about what you can do, in order to not feel guilty or ashamed. If you can't do everything you wanted during the day, it's not a bad thing. See how to plan your expectation during the week, or the month is a week isn't enough. If the bullet journal makes you anxious, feel under pressure, etc. maybe you should talk about it with your T.
French system

The ones in charge : Plume (Plume+Alix+Lea) | Daemon
The main group : Claude, protector | Kal, protector | Erdian, social-manager

"Little" group : Nicolas | Eric | Jean | Linda | Emma | Nathan | Ethan

The last two : Cassandra | Varegh, protector
Dwelt
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Postby bellic007 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:56 am

Dwelt wrote:Since we're off the university now, in order to focus more on our therapy, we had to learn how to structure our days and weeks... and it was interesting x) After a lot of trying, we came with this :

First thing we did is listing the basic and vital tasks that need to be done, and when : eating, showering, feeding the cat, going to sleep. When we're in crisis, we sometimes can't do everything, but we really try our best.

Then, the important daily tasks, but not vital - the ones that can be reported if our energy level is too low : doing the dishes, brushing the cat, checking on the websites we're admin on.

After that, there's the weekly tasks : cleaning the apartment, translating/writing an article for one of our website, working on the illustrations and planning a team-meeting for another website, reading "university" books/working on online courses we subscribed at.

And finally, the hobbies of everyone : playing piano, drawing, the coloring book, making origami, etc.

After a lot of trying, we identified how many tasks we were able to do after the vital ones and non-vital ones were done, and organized our week around that. Usually we're able to do three tasks, except when we have an appointment or have to clean the apartment, then it's only one or two (or none, if we're exhausted).

This way, we have created a basic simple structure we can adapt if needed, and each day has its own specific group of activities. We know Monday is entirely about drawing as a hobby and reading, Tuesday is about posting a new article on a website and drawing for the other one, Wednesday is for cleaning the apartment, etc. Having different activities depending on what day it is helps a lot with our poor sense of time.

One thing we're still learning is to stick by our list and not do too many things when we have a higher energy level, to not exhaust ourselves.

Doing a bullet journal can really help to set a daily/weekly/monthly routine. The advantage of it is as you write everything, you can see what's working, what's not working and adapt the routine you're trying to settle. The key is to listen to yourself and not try too much to force a routine that doesn't work.

You can also search for "mental health" or "therapeutic" bullet journal, to find ideas on how tracking symptoms, energy level, mood, habits, and a lot of others things.

Two things to note :
-> It can take a lot of time before the bullet journal become a habit. It took us two years before everyone in the system get used to it. It's normal, the important thing is to not let down !

-> You will not always be able to meet every expectation you set. The bullet journal shouldn't be a way to make you feel bad about yourself, you need to learn to be gentle with yourself, and to be real about what you can do, in order to not feel guilty or ashamed. If you can't do everything you wanted during the day, it's not a bad thing. See how to plan your expectation during the week, or the month is a week isn't enough. If the bullet journal makes you anxious, feel under pressure, etc. maybe you should talk about it with your T.

ThAnk you so much ..I gain a lot of insight from this post.
Dx Body Dysmorphic Disorder
Self diagnosed Dissociative Disorder
bellic007
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:10 pm

Postby Johnny-Jack » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:44 am

Dwelt had some very good suggestions. When our life is working fairly well, we're using our bullet journal to list what we need to do and remember it.

Two remarkably simple actions we take have huge dividends in getting our day started and our mind energized with an increased ability to focus:
1. drinking two glasses of water when we first wake up, and
2. going for a brisk walk of about 20 minutes in the morning, preferably near trees or something natural or pleasant-looking.

Making sure to eat well, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of plain water over the span of the day, and taking vitamins has always made a big difference too. Avoiding foods that we know make us sleepy or confused helps -- for us, it's wheat and sugar.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:40 am
Blog: View Blog (45)

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post