Our partner

When you wake up...

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

When you wake up...

Postby renegadex » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:07 pm

Does anyone relate to this?

In the morning, when I wake up, there is A LOT going on in my head. Even I'm not fully conscious yet. It's not very distinct voices or anything, but just a huge amount of (usually anxious) thoughts and ideas running through my head that I can't make really sense of. It makes me want to act on it but if I do it usually messes my mind even more.. Really annoying.
L - Host, 30, female
V - Caretaker, 30-40, female
Alex - Protector, 20, male
Tea - Happy/perky, 16, female
Mom - Persecutor/introject, 50, female
? - Abuser, 40, male
? - Sexual, 20-30, female
? - Suicidal, 15-18, female
? - Child
renegadex
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: When you wake up...

Postby ArbreMonde » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 pm

# We do tend to switch a lot during sleep, or right before sleeping or right when waking up. And it does bring back to the surface, the painful emotions.

# It gets better. Hang in there. It gets better.

__
Uriel
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active system members {this is a sub-system}:
oOo van Hohenheim | oTo Trisha | & Urielle {~ Theia|# Uriel} | - X (also answers to: Solomon, David, Scar) | // Ulysses | ♥ Lust | {Pride|Wrath} | -- {Zami}

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:57 am

Postby Johnny-Jack » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:23 am

I do relate. This hasn't happened for us for a couple years but it sounds pretty familiar. Our "full head" on awakening had us in a state of fuzziness, vapid turbulence, emptiness, or the like. Sometimes a vague negative emotion, like fear, sadness, or dread would accompany it.

How long it lasted depended on whether it was a workday, we had engaging tasks to do, or there were social interactions. Knowing our system now, this meant that outside events caused hosts to front who were less affected by the inside stuff brought outward -- which is what we think it is in our case, by the way. The others fronting caused the dark cloud to drift back inward. If our emotional host John stayed in front, so probably did the stuff we woke up with.

We've found that getting ourselves outside, as for a brisk walk, pulled us out of the funk eventually too, no matter who fronts to walk. So did taking a cool shower, splashing cold water on the face repeatedly, or doing other exercise. In other words, anything that changed the state of the body tended to change the state of our mind. Then again, some of our valuable journaling and inner work happened while some of the inside stuff was so close to the surface.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've read descriptions like yours on this forum before.
Forum rules

Dx = DID. My blog. My personal Periodic Table of alters.
Ab Ad Al Am An Ar As Ba Be Br Ca Cb Ch Cl Cm Cn Co Cp Ct Cu Cv D Eb Ed Er Es F Fl Ga Gd Go Gr Gw He Hk Hs Ht I J Jh Jk Jn Jy Ke Ki Kn Ky Li Lu Md Mi Mt Mx Mz Ne Ni O Pe Pi Q Ra Rd Ry Sc Se Sh Sk Sx Tk Ty U V Wa Wi X Y Ze Zn
Johnny-Jack
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (45)

Postby spinningtops » Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:06 pm

yes. i feel it sometimes when i wake up and sometimes when i go to sleep.
spinningtops
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:57 pm

Postby Amythyst » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:35 pm

i think we get that when we fall asleep not when we wake

right now i cant remember what its like to just 'wake up' in the morning. like most of the time we wake its because of a scary or upsetting dream and we jolt awake

i'm sure that doesnt happen every morning but i dont remember a morning when it didnt happen?

thats why we usually get up at 3 or 4 am, cos dreams are bad & we cant sleep again afterwards
Ciara(10f); Em(22f); Teg(6f); Viola(17f); et cetera
Dx: DID; previously depression, bipolar.(New) Journey Thread
Amythyst
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:57 pm

Postby Western » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:37 pm

I hear voices when I'm falling asleep. This happens every night. They're all different voices and when one stops I can't remember what they've said but it's still quite nice to hear them.

It's hen I wake up I'm usually very chirpy. Always have a song in my head and I would think I'm quite annoying to anyone who's just not a morning person.

I do sometimes wake up and I'm back in time in a bedroom I used to be in years ago. It's a really weird experience. This has been happening to me more often of late.
Child full of hopin'
Child full of givin'
Western
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:57 am

Postby 08uP » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:04 pm

Amythyst wrote:i think we get that when we fall asleep not when we wake

right now i cant remember what its like to just 'wake up' in the morning. like most of the time we wake its because of a scary or upsetting dream and we jolt awake

i'm sure that doesnt happen every morning but i dont remember a morning when it didnt happen?

thats why we usually get up at 3 or 4 am, cos dreams are bad & we cant sleep again afterwards

Same. Kind of. The activity in my head is usually high when im trying to fal asleep. Which makes it difficult to do so. And hten I usually have bad dreams and wake up depressed and feeling like life is pointless. Like today. I rarely wake up hearing voices, buti i actually prefer it. Makes me feel better and not so alone.
08uP
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:31 am

Western wrote:I do sometimes wake up and I'm back in time in a bedroom I used to be in years ago. It's a really weird experience. This has been happening to me more often of late.

Happens to us too, when old fragments come back to the surface. I think it kinda means the system is ready to reconnect with the emotions of back then and deal with them and heal them? I guess.

__
Envy
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active system members {this is a sub-system}:
oOo van Hohenheim | oTo Trisha | & Urielle {~ Theia|# Uriel} | - X (also answers to: Solomon, David, Scar) | // Ulysses | ♥ Lust | {Pride|Wrath} | -- {Zami}

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:57 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post