Our partner

The first topic about my main. accept

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

The first topic about my main. accept

Postby ShadowsMoon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Hello.
I am new to this forum.
So far I'm afraid of everything) And I'm also afraid of myself on this forum. This is not a phobia, but a moment of denial. I cannot admit or believe that this could happen to me. I read and assumed, but when psychologists and doctors began to talk to me about the symptoms of DID, I began to deny it. I see the symptoms and understand that my denial is stupid, but to admit that this is so and to say "we" is very difficult for me. I am scared to understand that I am not me ...
Have you encountered this? Can you say how long it took to get used to the idea that there is not only you, but someone else inside you?
ShadowsMoon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:28 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The first topic about my main. accept

Postby Snaga » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 pm

Hello and welcome!

I can't speak for everyone, but I think it's hard for a lot of folks to come around to, you're not alone, by any means.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:28 am

Postby ShadowsMoon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 pm

I've been trying for two years, but I can't understand ... It seems to me that this is an invention or my fantasy. But there are facts that cannot be invented or played as an actor...
ShadowsMoon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby renegadex » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Welcome!

Apparently we all doubt ourselves, and I totally relate since I'm still undiagnosed. I suggest to watch some Youtube videos about the self doubt around DID, I find them sometimes comforting and they totally make sense.
L - Host, 30, female
V - Caretaker, 30-40, female
Alex - Protector, 20, male
Tea - Happy/perky, 16, female
Mom - Persecutor/introject, 50, female
? - Abuser, 40, male
? - Sexual, 20-30, female
? - Suicidal, 15-18, female
? - Child
renegadex
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:48 am

Hi ShadowsMoon,

Welcome to the forum.

What has helped us is to allow the denial to exist, but to not let it get in the way of taking care of each other. If one part has a lot of denial, we let them write their feelings out in the journal, and let those feelings coexist with the feelings of parts who accept that we're a "we."

You wrote that you are "scared to understand that I am not me." But you are you. It's just that there are others also.

As scary as it is to realize that you're an alter like the rest, it's also somewhat freeing because it means that you have your own feelings and other parts have their feelings. You don't have to accept their feelings as yours. They're all part of the whole, of course, but not yours, personally.

Another thing to look at is what the meaning is to you or other parts about having DID. There are usually fears about it, and addressing them can often help.

When our denial is higher, it usually means that we're overwhelmed in some way and need to do more self-care.

the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:28 am

Postby IainEtc » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:09 pm

Hi Shadowsmoon,

Welcome to the forum!

What you're talking about is like super normal. Hosts are built to stay in denial as much as they can. That way they make sure we're hidden and functioning in a world that doesn't really have a place for multiples. So be nice to yourself. You don't have to be perfect or anything.

Iain

(I'm a 14 year old alter inside a really old guy who still has trouble believing he's multiple :roll: )
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 am

Postby ShadowsMoon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:56 pm

renegadex wrote:Welcome!

Apparently we all doubt ourselves, and I totally relate since I'm still undiagnosed. I suggest to watch some Youtube videos about the self doubt around DID, I find them sometimes comforting and they totally make sense.

thanks for the answer. I searched for videos in my native language, but found nothing normal. I didn’t look for English, because I can’t understand half. :(

-- Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:00 am --

IainEtc wrote:Hi Shadowsmoon,

Welcome to the forum!

What you're talking about is like super normal. Hosts are built to stay in denial as much as they can. That way they make sure we're hidden and functioning in a world that doesn't really have a place for multiples. So be nice to yourself. You don't have to be perfect or anything.

Iain

(I'm a 14 year old alter inside a really old guy who still has trouble believing he's multiple :roll: )

Hello.
After many years and the words spoken by doctors about the abnormality, it is surprising to hear the opposite, and not from a psychologist.Thank you
ShadowsMoon
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby IainEtc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:11 am

Hi,

A lot of doctors get uncomfortable around multiples because they don't understand us. Then they say we're weird or something to make themselves feel better. You can be a good person and be multiple at the same time.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:28 am

Postby Eliseahorse » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi what language do you speek? There are some french speeking multiples on here and there are others who haven't specified their mother language but clearly English is their second. Perhaps if you tell us your language someone on here might be able to pm you anything you need clarifying ( I'm guessing the forum is English only)
Body 31
Co-concious system known collectively as Eli
M 30
M24
F10
F31
NB19
2 partially integrated alters
Peter (7)
Unknown
Eliseahorse
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:28 am

Postby Snaga » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Eliseahorse wrote:Hi what language do you speek? There are some french speeking multiples on here and there are others who haven't specified their mother language but clearly English is their second. Perhaps if you tell us your language someone on here might be able to pm you anything you need clarifying ( I'm guessing the forum is English only)

Just a modly note that for the short term, ShadowsMoon won't be able to respond in PM; but that restriction shouldn't last too much longer- we found it necessary to restrict new members' ability to PM because of spammers and various other troublemakers.

But as I say, it's not permanent and will lift soon enough.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:28 am

Next

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post