Our partner

New to forums; self intro kinda?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

New to forums; self intro kinda?

Postby Calicrystal » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:01 am

Hey im cinna! Im 18 n im kinda like, the "host" i guess? But i dont rly like calling myself that, and my headmates dont like it either, cuz it makes it sound like this is "my" body which just feels weird yknow? I'm self dx and rly for a long time i thought i had to like be pretending, which is silly cuz im such good friends with my headmates and also im like ALWAYS dissociating (my family say i look like a statue when I'm just standing there!!!)

A few days (i think? Maybe?) ago i told my current partner about us all, and id had a lot of bad experiences with this stuff in relation to people I've dated, so i was like so happy that theyd been so open and helpful and even talked to one of my headmates before and been rly calming and overall a great person to me- to us even. Since then ive felt the urge to finally actually think abt my DID and not push it back down and stuff.

I love the three headmates i know of (ken - 19, ed - 20, rari - 20) and theyre always making sure im safe. Mainly its just me piloting but ken and ed are usually floating around near me, either to comment on things or to be a source of comfort. Rari doesnt really sit with me as often but she cares just as much and the three of us sometimes have group talks when things are important.

I guess thats really all there is to say as a self intro? Ive never used a forum before, so i dont know how this works, but i want to talk to people and learn more about myself and ourselves in a safe way. So hopefully this is the first step to doing that? We'll see!!
Calicrystal
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: New to forums; self intro kinda?

Postby Snaga » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:52 am

Hello and welcome to PF! You'll find the DID forum stays pretty busy- a lot of good members here, also!

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:04 pm

Postby ArbreMonde » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:05 am

& Welcome to the forums!

& Well, if you don't like to say "host" I'm sure you can find another way of wording things that will be okay for you and your headmates! :)

& Some suggestions: front desk - phone operator - body operator - interface between inside and outside. But they are only suggestions to give you examples. If you prefer just not name what you do, it's okay too!

& Happy to hear that your partner is open about you being multiple!

__
Urielle
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active system members {this is a sub-system}:
oOo van Hohenheim | oTo Trisha | & Urielle {~ Theia|# Uriel} | - X (also answers to: Solomon, David, Scar) | // Ulysses | ♥ Lust | {Pride|Wrath} | -- {Zami}

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Postby vortexvoid » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:50 pm

Welcome!

we often say something like " the one who is driving the bus" instead of "host"
Rae - current host

The Others:
Rachel, Rachel Joy, Keda, Taty, SS3NDASS, Killer, Critic, Kid, Void, and Jukebox

Our journey of discovery and getting to know each other
vortexvoid
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Postby IainEtc » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 am

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Things are pretty good here. You'll like it.

Iain
Iain - 14, Colin - 17, Evan - 7, Cody - 16, Raven, & Host - the adult out front

When they say 'be yourself',
which one do they mean?
IainEtc
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:04 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies