Our partner

How do you do to block an alter to come to front, please ?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Postby MenOfTheFutur » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:12 pm

HEllo !

One of my alter wants always to be in front and it's a mess.

MenOfTheFutur
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:43 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: How do you do to block an alter to come to front, please ?

Postby Panther1830 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:59 am

You can't really block them. If they want the attention. Try talking to him and see what he really wants. And see what may be causing him to do the things he does.
Panther1830
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 am

Postby unreality » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:35 am

These two girls on youtube, Quarks Systems, talk about going into inner world and accessing the computer where they can do all kinds of things to alters and areas of the system. Don't know the details and don't understand a lot of it but they talk about computer alters and other stuff. They've made amazing progress.
unreality
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 am

Postby Jessica6 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:09 am

Not sure if we're DID or OSDD, but hey- my name's Samantha.

In what passes for our system, I seem to be the one- and don't ask me how, I have NO idea- I seem to be the one, that can get other alts to back off, when needed. If... our teen is hogging too much time, or if our known Little has gotten out (that's never intentional, so far, but he either can't, or won't, go back in easily), our Main will call on me, to put people where they need to be. No, it's not a perfect system, and heck even I get stubborn, I mean come on, I'm only Human, too. But so far, it seems that's one of my abilties and tasks, to herd the cats that make us, us.

Maybe... there's a part of your system, that does that? But you haven't been aware of it? Or maybe one of you has that ability and doesn't know it yet! I know I had no idea, at first I was just as probelmatical as the rest of them can be, but suddenly one day, we just somehow realised, that I'm the one that can move alts in and out. So now I'm the one who gets called on. Sometimes, I'm able to move an alt out of the way, and let the Main, or another alt, front.

Sometimes, like when it's Charlie (the Little), I just have to be the one to take his place, and that gently moves him back to where he feels safe. I have no idea what special virtue I have, that makes that so- but so far, it works pretty well. I wouldn't be surprised- and maybe I'm talking silliness- I only have ourselves to look at, and we're very early in the stages of discovering ourselves- but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a part of you that can do that- just have to figure out who it is, then get them to help out. I know if I had been asked to move an alt out of the way, then stand aside myself, even a month ago, I'd have laughed in your face. But I'm beginning to see that someone has to take responsibility for the system. Otherwise we're just going to be an awful mess.

Maybe it's a trust thing- everyone is starting to look to me, to be the one to trust- so if I suggest it's time to go back inside, it's not seen as the Main trying to use brute force, to shove someone back. None of us like being forced to do something, it's a lot easier, to ask nicely.

It's not even really anything verbal, I just give off a feeling, and then that seems to be enough to get the one in the way, to step aside. It's pretty cool, when I stop to think about it.

I like the idea of that computer, unreality- that sounds pretty handy. A little cold, for my taste- but I could see that being very handy for that youtuber.

Anyway, maybe that can help. It's not much of an answer, but we've been having to do some of that lately, so your post jumped out at me.
OSDD-1b (perhaps):
Steph (m,50s)
Samantha (f,31)
Stephanie (f,16)
Sabrina (f,12)
Albert (m,12)
Charlie (m,5)
Aurora (f,70s)
Nameless One (m,?)

The world needs more unicorns.
Jessica6
Consumer 4