Our partner

Seeing a psychologist tomorrow. Anxiety.

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Seeing a psychologist tomorrow. Anxiety.

Postby WaterSelkie » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:36 pm

I'm seeing my first psychologist about dissociative and avoidance stuff tomorrow. I'm super nervous.

Had a glitch last week where one co-fronted with anxiety attacks because I/we encountered someone with the same first name as a problematic person that I/we used to know during a really rough time so anxiety attacks. Another came up to deal with the situation for a while. I was still there though so I don't think there was an actual switch...it got very confusing, overwhelming and disorientating ever since.

Really freaking about tomorrow, I don't know what to expect and I guess scared of being rejected and invalidated?
WaterSelkie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Seeing a psychologist tomorrow. Anxiety.

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:28 pm

That’s a very valid fear unless you know for a fact that this person has special knowledge and expertise in dissociative disorders.

You can still be present during an “actual switch.” That’s what co-consciousness is. There are many types of switching.

I hope all goes well for you!
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:51 am

Postby Una+ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:09 pm

How did it go?
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby WaterSelkie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Really well! I'm really proud of myself of how well I did. I guess things just kept tumbling out my mouth somehow. She didn't invalidate me at all which felt really good. She suggested that I might look into autism as well. It kinda does explain some things...

She said she's going to talk to clinical lead to consider what the best treatment type would be, because we both felt it was better to take some time and figure it out rather than rush into anything.

She didn't diagnose which is fair but I ended up feeling just as disorientated and isolated. Diagnosis carries understanding and meaning to me, so that it's not a collection of symptoms anymore, it's an explanation and I feel like I need that right now because everything is so confusing. So I asked my doctor to help me find a DD psychiatrist so I can get that.
WaterSelkie
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post