Our partner

Anyone else with OSDD1A?

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Anyone else with OSDD1A?

Postby KitMcDaydream » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:57 am

I thought I'd ask here as I've seen it mentioned the OSDD?NOS board is not as active and everyone just seems to post on here if thats ok?

I refer to myself as 'the secret self' (just using initials SS on here) I know I was last upfront fully many years ago when the body was in childhood and before 'Deaf Thea' took over the body completely and changed its name, lifestyle and beliefs completely.

I feel the 'alters' that followed were still different versions of 'myself' they just somehow had the skills needed to manage the 'real world' better so the body was seen to make progress with its life.

Now the body is much older and its reached an age and physical condition that its acceptable for us to live 'a quieter life' and even more so a completely shielded life thanks to the current pandemic situation 'I' have felt more able to cope with the world.

I must say I have always been in the background but for reasons that felt absolutely necessary to me, whichever alter was up front was blocked from remembering me in the moment they were needed to 'perform' (attending college or work or some other required social event/appointment).

They remembered 'events' but not so much home life (because it was always me that was out when we were home alone or just with close family). Some appear to have knowledge of an inner world I don't know if thats their imagination though and where they think they are when they're not 'out'. I don't seem to share that experience. I see them as 'persona's or social masks' they identified with the body and name as theirs when they were up front.(we did not know of DID/OSDD back then so I would guess everyone saw themselves as a 'single' with no knowledge of any others.

'I' remember the day at college and learned what they learned etc but as if I was seeing it through their eyes and they just 'took over performing for me' in whatever way was needed to get through the event. There were very few people/situations back then where I felt I could 'slip out un-noticed' as myself for a short time.

As life is so much quieter now the 'other selves' are no longer needed (or at least won't be for at least the next 6 months).

Does this mean you can recover from OSDD1A if you reach a point in your life when your 'other selves' are no longer needed for' you' to be able to get through life on a daily basis? or have they just gone dormant and would re-emerge if a situation came up where I felt unable to cope again? (eg a sudden admittance to hospital due to covid or allergic reaction).

Has anyone who feels they have OSDD1A and just 'other versions of themselves' rather than distinctly different alters living within them ever reached a point they felt they could return to 'being themselves'?

SS
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Anyone else with OSDD1A?

Postby WeAreOne420 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:00 pm

This might be me. I just post here because its more active. All my alerts are just different versions of myself,if I'm not up or whoever I am at the time is up...we forget we exist. Then when we come up it's like oh yeah I know me! I've been here doing whatever it is I'm meant to do the entire time while that alter is Up

. I still don't understand the classification system what so ever.
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:08 pm

Postby KitMcDaydream » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:17 pm

WeAreOne420 wrote:This might be me. I just post here because its more active. All my alerts are just different versions of myself,if I'm not up or whoever I am at the time is up...we forget we exist. Then when we come up it's like oh yeah I know me! I've been here doing whatever it is I'm meant to do the entire time while that alter is Up

. I still don't understand the classification system what so ever.

Hi

Thanks for answering. I don't understand it all in detail but I think the OSDD1A is that parts are more like different versions of 'a self'.

In DID the alters can be fully developed very different personalities who can sometimes even be a different gender or ethnicity to what the physical body is and have very different views I think?

SS
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Una+ » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15 pm

Many people eventually diagnosed DID are first diagnosed OSDD. And many researchers and therapists group OSDD and DID together into "major dissociative disorder". So, maybe don't sweat it?

That's kind of why we're all here on the DID Forum.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby KitMcDaydream » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 am

yeah true but I reckon there maybe several people who might browse the forum, see people's 'signatures' of all the alters in their systems or read posts and think"i don't have so many different people in my head, all so different' and might dismiss it as not possible when they may have but just not had many that have fronted/taken over.

They might just experience communication as random thoughts they assume are theirs or just feel they are more like a 'social mask'

I just thought it would be helpful for 'browsers' to see that it presents in different ways and if they visited the site cos something inside was leading them to this information then they might not dismiss the idea so easily just because they don't seem 'typical' of DID.

I know self doubt is a big thing with it even for people that do show all the typical symptoms and may have been officially diagnosed, as one alter may not believe or accept it so send feelings/thought of doubt constantly or something. I get that sometimes too. Sometimes I'm not even sure I have it, others I'm absolutely convinced I'm right. I'm guessing it will because it depends whose close to the surface or fronting.

SS
KitMcDaydream
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Zor » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Una+ wrote:Many people eventually diagnosed DID are first diagnosed OSDD. And many researchers and therapists group OSDD and DID together into "major dissociative disorder". So, maybe don't sweat it?

That's kind of why we're all here on the DID Forum.

Our diagnosis has been OSDD, DID, OSDD, and I don't even know what it is now. Our T doesn't know if it's one or the other- and IMHO it's clearly DID from the symptoms, but the diffs are SOOOOOOO minor... for all intents and purposes anyway... functionally it's very similar with minor "extreme" diffs.

Don't sweat it. OSDD or DID- we're so cool with you being here and are a community for ALL OF US.

{\Pixie/}
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Snaga » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 am

WE think we're OSDD 1b maybe? And are happy to see it when people talk about maybe being that too! Although we say we are that because we don't often have times of missing time.
Isn't that what OSDD 1b is? And keep more a sense of I don't know we just don't think we can be DID and the body is like, old and stuff. So it's like, how .... I don't know. We just get tired and confused when we think about it too much.

The moooooderator (not me oh ###$ GOD not me lol) in us says that yeah the DDNOS (he made me go back and correct that and says right here that the DSM may change but good luck on ever getting the
forums to follow suit because the DSM may change but the forums are stuck arranged as the DSM was when the forums were made sorry about that) what was I saying. Oh that yeah most of the posting is done here in the big DID forum. It's THE busiest forum we got now I think. He thinks. whatever.

So posting here seems to be as good as anything plus the people here are really nice. Which is a good thing because of all the self-doubt it'd be really mean to run new folks off cause they didn't pass, like some purity test, or something. We.... well, I'm finding out those of us that get to 'front' or whatever it is OSDD does are like, 'this is retarded'. But if it's so retarded how is it that once one of us is out sometmies its hard to go back in?

I don't know I just I mean we I mean the Snaga wanted just to say yeah we think we got OSDD too and it seems like its been the norm that folks will post in here a lot because they do. If.... a forum has a long established habit of kinda taking in things that might belong in a related forum like a subforum and people are not pissy about it then its like why be meany mods and rock the boat. Like someone said it's like they'er so close anyway and stuff. So its cool.

Tell someone you love them today, for Life is short. But scream it at them in Klingon, for Life is also terrifying and confusing.

We do not delete posts.
Let it go.
Without (forum) rules, we all might as well be up in a tree flinging our crap at each other.
Snaga
Site Admin

Local time: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:08 pm

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum