Our partner

The scape goat

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

The scape goat

Postby brockovich4321 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:52 am

When you find out people who are supposed to care about you, have actually been committing crimes and blaming you for it..

Apparently these people were caught, then claimed it was actually me/said I just can't remember because of my DID..

The truth is that none of my parts had any clue any of them were up to anything illegal, yet their explanation seems more valid the mine because I have a 'diagnosed' mental illness.

Frankly I'm furious. I shocked they think it's okay to use me/my disorder as a scape goat & no one believes that I'm a victim in any of this which just adds insult to injury.

I'm so angry and so alone. I'm not in any trouble with police, they saw it for what it was. Emotionally I'm just violated and broken.
30yo female, formal Dx DID, aka 'me'..
16 others
brockovich4321
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: The scape goat

Postby brockovich4321 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:15 pm

I wish I could say this was the first time this has happened, but it's not.

How do I keep myself safe from people like this? What exactly can I do to stop this from happening again? Why wouldn't they do it again when they get away with it? This is what my past, present and future looks like.

Meanwhile my reputation is in the toilet and they don't give a $#%^. Excuse the pun.
30yo female, formal Dx DID, aka 'me'..
16 others
brockovich4321
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:41 pm

Postby MakersDozn » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi brockovich,

We're glad to see you, but we're so sorry that you're going through this.

MDs
Multiple self-dxed 1996. Body 58f. System of 47: 42 ♀, 5 ♂; 17 littles (7+under), 9 middles (8-11), 14 teens (12-17+), 5 bigs (18+up), + a formless yin/yang. Oldest member is 25.

Notable: Charity 25, Deborah 23, Drew 23f, Mary 23, Rachel 23, Laura 17.5, Allegra 17, Cass 17, shawn 16f.
Blog | Our Story | Journey
MakersDozn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 am

Postby TheGangsAllHere » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:02 pm

Hi brockovich,

Can you go no contact with these people? Move away, change your life? They won't change. There's a saying: "You can't change the people around you, but you can change the people around you."

I don't know your circumstances, but I hope you can get away from them and find people who will treat you better.

the Gang
TheGangsAllHere
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:41 am

Postby Sarandipity » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:54 pm

I'm possibly stating the obvious here but without proof nothing can happen to you. Yes these people are using your name and disorder against you. That's wrong. I get how you're upset.

How do they have the capability to do this? How do they know? How do you know them? To blame you seems like a very stupid thing to do because obviously you're innocent and that can be easily seen. So after the finger stops pointing at you it will point back at them. It seems like a big waste of time to blame an innocent party. Also snitching in the world they are in is frowned upon. They basically snitched on you even though you are innocent it's still snitching. It's odd, they have nothing to gain. They are still guilty and now they are snitches too.

Sorry to read you are going through this. May your name clear soon.

Sarah
Monte Carlo or Bust
Rose and Patrick
Batcho and Fortune (twins), Paul and Lilly,
No-one and Peter, Beth and Karen, Mandy and Mouse plus a seperate system of fragments including: rabit and others.
Sarandipity
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby spinningtops » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:00 am

that's terrible, I cannot imagine the anger and sense of betrayal you are going through to have your mental illness used against you like this. I agree with others, if they did this once they have no sense of decency and no respect for you and you should see if you can part ways with them. If you can't the next best thing is don't trust them again and keep your eyes open for more of this, so this won't happen to you again. Also another thing is despite your mental illness there are many things you can do to show you have things together, that as much as you can show to the world basically that you can handle the things you can, and that will bring up a better reputation over time.
spinningtops
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:41 am

Postby Una+ » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:27 pm

brockovich4321 wrote:yet their explanation seems more valid the mine because I have a 'diagnosed' mental illness.

First, no one remembers everything.

Second, it is very common for guilty persons to falsely claim (lie) that someone else did it and cannot remember it. That is called blame shifting. Another common tactic, used by offenders who assault others, is to falsely claim nothing happened, the victim is lying or crazy, the offender is totally innocent and the real victim. That's called gaslighting and DARVO: deny, attack, reverse victim and offender. But fortunately criminal law is all about the evidence, and investigators expect criminals to lie.

Of course you feel insecure and intimidated. And of course you feel violated and betrayed, because your trust was violated and you were betrayed!

Have the law enforcement people put you in touch with victim services? That would help; you may be able to get free counseling to help you process these very normal and justified feelings.
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:41 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum