Our partner

Hi, and my journey thread

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Re: Hi, and my journey thread

Postby spinningtops » Sun May 09, 2021 11:19 am

thanks, that makes a lot of sense, gonna think about that, and why that could be happening.
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby missy7 » Thu May 13, 2021 3:44 am

You make complete sense to me because I have very similar experiences. Tonight is my first night being on here in years and I needed to reconnect. I’ve felt very disconnected with my system for awhile and then I get confused easily by all my voices. I even look at my T today and said “does this really need to be this hard” I feel pulled in so many different directions. I realized I needed to get connected again and validate everyone. Hopefully this makes sense. Thank you for sharing your story. Really resonated with me.
missy7
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:13 am

Postby spinningtops » Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 pm

Thanks missy. :)

-- Sat May 29, 2021 2:25 pm --

hi well i thought therapy would really be the answer but i am finding the whole process frustrating cause like i don't feel believed in some ways. well in basically two areas, with the disassociation he asked if i really lost time, or like was just you know time flies when your having fun. i didn't really want to answer it cause i thought the first time i talked about it, he agreed that the symptoms i reported did not seem normal. ok. and this time i felt like there was a 'tone of doubt.'
and anyways, i just left it alone.
another issue that has just been coming up also, i have is that i have some sort of social anxiety issues which make interacting with others hard. but now he is saying that since i am not having trouble talking to him it doesn't seem like i would have these issues. ??
anyways this has been a really big and basic issue with me for years. I let go of the disassociation things to deal with later, cause I know that can be harder. But i don't know what to say this time..
i mean of course i don't want to be told i have lots of serious problems, but now i just don't know what is even happening.. I mean apparently i am cured, problem free now, who knew.. anyways.
though my SO thinks I should tell the therapist all these feelings next time. and i do know i can over react sometimes. so idk.. but i just like feel so exposed with therapy cause when i didn't tell someone what was going on at least i didn't have to feel like what if it's not believed.
but yeah i am having a hard time with that. I am just feeling very unsure at the moment.
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby spinningtops » Sun May 30, 2021 2:24 am

i'm starting to feel better.
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby spinningtops » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:32 am

hello again. well i just realized a great exercise with getting in touch with alters a little better. i let them tell me a song that like expressed something about them/important to them, and wow I feel like i got a much deeper insight from this into them. It's really interesting.
that's all for now. i am doing a bit better then i was before, but i don't really have anything to report per se. the worries i was having seems like i was just over reacting.. not surprising for me. but starting to feel calm about the idea of therapy i think for the first time. or the most calm i've been so far and that maybe it will be okay after all.
just having to be very careful with my limited energy and hoping things stay super calm and low key cause that is what i feel i need..
spinningtops
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby ArbreMonde » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:14 am

Being in a quiet environment really helps for resting and recovering!

And it's a very smart idea the song communication! Good job!

__
Urielles.
Autistic, DID

he/him | she/her | they/them

Active alter {sub-system or fusion} :

Urielles {Uriel|Theia|Saul|Wolf(?)} -- {G/Hosts} -- {Zami} -- Envy -- X/David/Solomon/Scar -- Ulysses -- {Isaïa|Reyna} -- Mirror {Aragorn|Sherlock Holmes|...} -- {Pride|Wrath} -- Trisha -- Lust -- Hohenheim/Theo

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:13 am

Previous

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post