Our partner

Balancing everyones different opinions & views around others

Dissociative Identity Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Johnny-Jack

Balancing everyones different opinions & views around others

Postby WeAreOne420 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Back again.

I've been thinking about the fact that I'm learning how to communicate who I am once again after having my official did Crisis....which caused me to basically star fresh while understanding myself. So now when i'm having conversations with people I noticed that I have conflicting views that sometimes contradict What im saying.

So far I know how to cover it up but it's a little difficult because I want to come across As this person that I am but the truth is I'm a lot of different people with a lot of different opinions From my alters that need to be consistently valued.

How do you guys cope with this ? And how do you guys deal with conflicting opinions views etc on politics,religion etc around other people?

So far when we are with ourselves we get it and are all cool and open minded with eachother. It makes sense to us but when we have conversation with other people...we see that to the naked eye we come off as possibly confused .
So I've noticed that I have very shallow conversations because we are trying to hide to an extent.

But we don't want to do that as much anymore.

Is this common with people like us?
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:27 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Balancing everyones different opinions & views around others

Postby Zor » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:31 pm

It really makes consistency a serious struggle doesn't it?

For example, I HATE fish. Kitten doesn't mind white fish, things without a strong "fishy" taste. On a vacation not long ago, TWICE she was out for dinner and had fish.

Several of us eat Kosher, following some form of Messianic or Orthodox Judaism... several don't. Imagine eating "3 meat pizza" (pork sausage, beef, and pepperoni (which also contains pork)) in front of people and the head-scratching it causes.

Also there's some people that come around some of us literally do not trust and basically hate- due to hurt they've caused us (SINCE KNOWING we're multiple and CHOOSING to)... So some of us tolerate the people, some can't at all, and others were indifferent before and since then. Makes for awkward interactions when various people are out or close.

How do we deal with it? A LOT of excuses with people that DON'T know, and a lot of "this is just system life until we get more unified and integrated, more singular-acting/consistent" explaining to those that DO know.

It DOES cause us to want to avoid people, be out and about less, be less social, be more insular and isolated... so people can't pick up on these things so easily. It's counter-productive... I know... but it DOES cause anxiety and worry some times... some times a lot of both.
(Body - Male, 39)
Zor - primary host & main poster
The rest of us: {\Pixie/}, Kaitie-Lynn (aka "Kitten"), Kaleb, Angel, Katya, Satin, Charles, Chloe, Noah, and a few rarely seen
Zor
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:27 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ArbreMonde » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:39 am

In here we just tell people that we "like to change".

We do this to explain why we change makeup style and hairstyle. "I like to change!"

Our taste in food/drink changes? "Well yes, yesterday I wanted some cola but today I'm more in an orange juice mood."

People who see us often took a habit of seeing us change and they even told us they like it that it's always surprising how we'll be one day compared to another. :D

I hope it helps you!

@ Saul @
Multiple system Dx autistic, depression, c-PTSD...

Going through a reconfiguration process. Present host: oOo van H. oOo (he/him)

Journey thread
ArbreMonde
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:27 am

Postby WeAreOne420 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 pm

Thank you guys for the advice. I'm.learning to slowly "care less" about this issue but having a more let go of worrying about what others might think attitude. Its a work on progress.
WeAreOne420
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:27 am

Return to Dissociative Identity Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post